Systems Transport

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by ramblingman, Jan 12, 2014.

1. DavidKR

DavidKR Bobtail Member

Apr 17, 2017
    Lone Tree, CO
    thanks for the input. the recruiter I spoke to again today claims the CO regional route averages pretty high at 2500-2700 miles per week and that it's sliding pay scale, but I know the recruiters are going to bump the numbers to make them sound better. I think I'm going to take them up on it, they had a cancellation so there is an opening on their May 1st orientation and I need to get back to working. the only other flatbed companies I spoke with are Decker and Melton but they'd both have me gone for around 3 weeks at a time and my fiancee isn't ready for that. so I'll give System a try and hope it works out well.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Rugerfan

Rugerfan Road Train Member

May 3, 2011
    Redding,CA
    The thing that worries me with system, is that when I first started they had 8 people in orientation. Now they just keep pushing more and more through each week

4. DavidKR

DavidKR Bobtail Member

Apr 17, 2017
    Lone Tree, CO
    yeah unfortunately it seems that paying more employees less money is a trend these days, rather than paying more money to a select few good employees. but that seems to be the world we live in.

so I've gathered that the majority of System's trucks are T660s, with a few 386s and some other one-offs mixed in. and I see that some of them are two-pedal trucks now. is there any rhyme or reason to who's assigned what? I sure would like to have a 13 speed if that's an option. also, what engines and HP are they running?

5. mitmaks

mitmaks Road Train Member

May 16, 2014
    Cummins ISX15 450HP. They're switching to all automatic fleet of Kw T680s and a few Pete's that are automatic as well-supposedly to get better fuel mileage.

6. DavidKR

DavidKR Bobtail Member

Apr 17, 2017
    Lone Tree, CO
    ####, well hopefully I can weasel my way into a truck with three pedals.

7. mitmaks

May 16, 2014
    Likely wont happen. My friend has manual truck and was told he'll be assigned automatic very soon. Even though they get rid of trucks at ~450-470K miles

8. ToppDogg

ToppDogg Light Load Member

Mar 18, 2016
    PNW
    Does anyone know what the system transport mandatory road test is? I see it listed for the first day of orientation, I graduated school in June of 2016 and have not driven since then, a bit nervous about that. my orientation starts on May 8th.

9. Rugerfan

Rugerfan Road Train Member

May 3, 2011
    Redding,CA
    Usually leave the Yard with you and one other person plus a driver from the company already. One drives about a mile or two down the freeway and then on a couple side roads. Then the other drives from there back to the yard

10. mitmaks

May 16, 2014
    You just make sure to check mirrors often, don't shift in railroad tràcks, pay attention to signs, double clutch and try not to grind it toi much.

11. ToppDogg

ToppDogg Light Load Member

Mar 18, 2016
    PNW
    Thanks Ruger and Mits. I called the Driving School I used and they told me to stop over and get a free refresh driving.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.