T-Mobile in 2021

Discussion in 'Trucking Electronics, Gadgets and Software Forum' started by DUNE-T, Sep 20, 2021.

1. DUNE-T

DUNE-T Road Train Member

May 10, 2015
    Detroit, MI
    How's the coverage after the merger with Sprint?
    Does anybody here go all over the country, have a new model smartphone and can compare T-Mobile with Verizon/Att?
    Verizon has gotten pretty bad lately for me and I am thinking of trying something new

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. D.Tibbitt

D.Tibbitt Road Train Member

Apr 26, 2013
    Gettin' down westbound
    T mobile is good. I run upper northwest and this is probably about the worst part of the country for it . but still holds its own with verizon

Flat Earth Trucker Thanks this.
  4. supersnackbar

supersnackbar Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    Mine works good in rural parts of the country, near interstates. My problem is in populated areas. Denver, forget about watching any kind of video(youtube, netflix...etc). I am sitting at the Pilot north of Fort Worth, and I am buffering trying to pull up normal webpages let alone watching any netflix. And it's not just my phone, my tablet is having the same issues. My wife is having similar issues with her Note20 ultra 5g on Verizon as well. I don't think it's just one network.

5. JoeyJunk

JoeyJunk Road Train Member

Dec 31, 2010
    Washington, PA
    Verizon sucks for me last year or so. That was local and OTR. Was thinking about T Mobile myself.

WesternPlains Thanks this.
  6. Hollywoodsaint

Hollywoodsaint Light Load Member

Jun 20, 2020
    Hollywood California
    I drive all 48 states with T-mobile and must say they are AWESOME!
    Though there are still pockets like in the Rocky mountains and some real Rural places that you might not get reception but otherwise its real good

JoeyJunk Thanks this.
  7. Brettj3876

Brettj3876 Road Train Member

Nov 18, 2014
    Land of local
    I run ATT unlimited through straight talk and i never seem to get throttled. Northeast so i can't compare elsewhere. Like 60 a month

8. Flat Earth Trucker

Flat Earth Trucker Road Train Member

Nov 19, 2018
    I ran 12 Western with only the usual areas of desolation not yielding fair coverage.

9. UturnGirl

UturnGirl Road Train Member

Jan 16, 2010
    Texas
    I have been happy with t-mobile for several years. Coverage has expanded, there are places that used to be dead zones that are no longer dead. On the other hand, I do think there is a lot more traffic because I've noticed internet sluggishness depending on times and locations.

Flat Earth Trucker Thanks this.
  10. Saltyoldone

Saltyoldone Light Load Member

Jun 16, 2019
    Boise
    When I was OTR I had T-mobile and used my phone as a hotspot to watch TV and serf the web with very few problems. You do have to pay the $$$ to get higher hotspot download speeds and unlimited data. You can’t cheap it and expect wonders.

Currently my work phone is Verizon and personnel phone is T-mobile. The work phone doesn’t have service for about half of my drive while T-mobile has enough bars to at least call service if I’d need it. I run Boise, ID to Hermiston, OR and back daily.

UturnGirl and D.Tibbitt Thank this.
  11. supersnackbar

supersnackbar Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    I think part of the big city sluggishness is because those cities had a fair number of Sprint customers that have transitioned over to the T-Mo service and T-Mo hasn't converted all the Sprint towers over to the T-Mo hardware yet(or maybe they've upgraded them to 5g and I am still using 4g equipment). I think they've been focusing on upgrading their entire nationwide network to 5g.

UturnGirl Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.