TA/Petro on Swift fuel solutions?

Discussion in 'Swift' started by Jeremy102077, Dec 30, 2014.

1. Wolfyinc

Wolfyinc Road Train Member

Apr 21, 2013
    Salem, or
    yeah for awhile we were getting the system trying to send us to Buttonwillow TA even when I was heading to Vegas in the opposite direction, I am not wasting an extra 45min of my time for fuel. That TA was out of route for every one of our stores pretty much, the Tehachapi Loves is the cheapest I have seen in all our routes by almost 50 cents or more per gallon.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. scottied67

scottied67 Road Train Member

Mar 14, 2010
    california norte
    The big companies score huge discounts at the chain truck stops. I heard O/O's talking about it and always thought it was a fairy tale unicorn myth-- until I leased onto a carrier that shares those discounts with the O/O's. So looking at Buttonwillow today, my discount would be $0.87 off pump price. I can only imagine with Swift's size and buying power are probably over a dollar off pump price in savings if they hit x amount of gallons purchased in x states in a month or whatever time-frame.

But then again it could just be Swift's stupid fuel optimization program going berzerko.

HousTank Thanks this.
  4. Moosetek13

Moosetek13 Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    If Swift is making that kind of money by sending me out of the way to get fuel at a certain place, then I want a piece of it - and more time to run the load!

But until that happens I'll ignore what I don't like and simply call for fuel where I want to get it.

scottied67, HousTank and Wolfyinc Thank this.
  5. HousTank

HousTank Medium Load Member

Mar 17, 2014
    Houston, TX
    I noticed the out of route fueling right after we stopped using Peelot/FlyJ's. I would get routed to some obscure Loves WAY off my route and those miles sure weren't included as Loaded. I ignore those now and reop along my route. So far haven't heard any griping about it.

Moosetek13 Thanks this.
  6. MysticHZ

MysticHZ Road Train Member

May 28, 2010
    So don't buy at the big boys where Swift gets discounts ... you can go to an independent 3 miles away and beat the TAs cash price by $.67 ...

7. Wolfyinc

Apr 21, 2013
    Salem, or
    Yep one example would be Tulare Loves is around $3.50 while there is a small truck stop on the other side of the freeway at around $2.80

8. scottied67

scottied67 Road Train Member

Mar 14, 2010
    california norte
    Just reading today about owner ops class action judgement against Celadon for over $5.5 million in stolen fuel discounts.

Just looked up my discount at Tulare Loves today would be $2.48 a gallon.

9. Wolfyinc

Apr 21, 2013
    Salem, or
    wow, what would your price be at the Tehachapi Loves Scottie? Its the cheapest I have seen at normal price anywhere near.

10. Jourayce

Jourayce Light Load Member

Nov 24, 2015
    Mississippi
    You can't split that up its against the law to do so. if you get caught it's like 1200 dollars for every gallon pumped into your truck tank. hard to prove but if you get caught that's your butt.

11. fairshake

fairshake Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2010
    Chickenville, BFE
    Thing about the TA now is more and more of them are closing the restaurant Country Pride and replacing them with Taco Bell. Ran into 3 closed ones in November 2016, #### shame.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.