tanker endorsement practice test

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by jsprocket, Jan 10, 2014.

1. rodknocker

rodknocker Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2008
    Southeast
    I remember the tanker test being very easy. ( kindergarden stuff) I Passed it once and always had it. The hazmat test can be tricky. I've always passed it but missed 3 or 4 because some answers may be right but not the best one. These online practice tests are the only thing I look at and never had to retest at the DDS. I wait till I get a 100% on all of them then the test is a breeze. I just renewed my hazmat and already knew the answer on most of them before reading the question.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. jungledrums

jungledrums Heavy Load Member

Oct 28, 2013
    Tennessee
    The tanker endorsement test was very easy!

4. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    Also, be extra careful with food-grade tankers, or anything else that you know for sure wouldn't have baffles in it. The worst time to be pulling a tanker is when it's half-full. That's when the ratio of load vs room for it to move is going to be highest.

rocknroll81 Thanks this.
  5. rocknroll81

rocknroll81 Road Train Member

Sep 29, 2010
    West Allis Wi.
    That's right, I hauled milk OTR years ago and smooth bore tanks are something else, I don't recall what the pound per gallon weight between item's but cream was the lightest of all, then milk, candy mix, whey, I've hauled candy mix and whey and that had a real heavy pound per gallon weight, could only haul maybe half tank and the surge was something else, it would really slam your back and neck if you did not watch your shifts, really had to learn on how to time shift when hauling that stuff, wondered how that king pin stayed on the trailer....

6. mattbnr

mattbnr Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2010
    Tama,Iowa
    Tankers are fun. The test is basically go slower for everything. If you remember that you'll pass. Go slow around corners, ramps, parking lots, kills etc. I love pulling tankers. Those half full 80k gross tanks will beat you to death though. Wow. I swear my fifth wheel was ready to rip off a couple times.

7. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    That must suck royally when you have a liquid on board that's so dense that only half volume puts you at gross.

8. mattbnr

mattbnr Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2010
    Tama,Iowa
    Oh boy it's a lot of fun. 7000 gallon tank and 5000 makes you about 79600. That leaves a lot of room for surge to build up speed. I've had it stop my truck going up a hill before. Not fun.

9. HotH2o

HotH2o Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2012
    Bunyan Springs, Colorado
    That's the truth. I just got done hauling brine water out of Mountain Pass, CA. It was 10.5 lbs per gallon. The surge was bad. At one point I actually thought I got rear ended. Haha. Tomorrow I'm heading to WA to pick up a load of Apple juice. It's a lot lighter and my tank will be almost topped off.

10. rocknroll81

rocknroll81 Road Train Member

Sep 29, 2010
    West Allis Wi.
    I think Cream is the lightest, you can fill it to the top and not be over gross, no surge to worry about....

11. Southeast Trucker Mike

Southeast Trucker Mike Light Load Member

Jun 9, 2014
    North GA Mountains
    I just took the tanker endorsement test today (GA) and, although I did pass it, I have a word of caution. The practice test here on TRR is missing MANY of the questions that appeared on the exam... not just one or two, but about 7. They were not just worded differently, either... their content was not covered in the TR questions. I took the TR 20 question test at least 10x, and got to where there was no new questions... I figured I knew them all. I think the TR practice tests might need to be reviewed and/or updated for missing content... certainly for the GA exam, anyway.

Therefore, be sure to use practice exams from multiple sources... not just those here on TR.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.