Target Distribution Centers, live unloads, what is their major malfunction?!?!?

Discussion in 'Shippers & Receivers - Good or Bad' started by loose_leafs, Nov 7, 2014.

1. ‘Olhand

‘Olhand Cantankerous Crusty

Jan 18, 2011
    And I remember something about them havin trouble w/vets last year among other things...frankly their probably Commies! :)

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. TLeaHeart

TLeaHeart Road Train Member

Apr 1, 2008
    casper, wy
    If you ever get to see how they are required to offload a truck and check it in, you will understand the long unload times...

Pull a pallet off, break it down, place each case onto one of their pallets, count, load the pallet on the robotic rack for the warehouse, rinse and repeat.

4. Big Don

Big Don "Old Fart"

Sep 8, 2007
    Utah's DIXIE!
    They are Frogs. Obviously does not preclude them from being Commies, but it may explain the corporate attitude.

'olhand Thanks this.
  5. rider39

rider39 Bobtail Member

Jan 5, 2013
    I went to the one in Amsterdam ny It took 9 hours to unload and they make leave and come back or sit in their beak room you can not stay in your truck.

6. ShortBusKid

ShortBusKid Heavy Load Member

Dec 5, 2010
    Vegas
    I must just be lucky. Never been at a Target DC for longer than 2 hours. Delivered to Topeka Tuesday evening. Had a 6pm appt, arrived at 5pm, out at 615. I was really surprised but did not complain at all!

7. loose_leafs

loose_leafs Road Train Member

Jan 3, 2014
    Old Man River, MN
    Was it an actual Target building with their logo or just one of their temporary warehouses in an area that doesnt have a DC built yet? The authentic Target ones are the worst.

8. generallee

generallee Medium Load Member

Jan 4, 2014
    I'm usually out of this one fairly quickly. Was 3.5 hours once tho.

9. Daniel55645

Daniel55645 Light Load Member

Feb 6, 2015
    Indianapolis, IN
    I wonder if the truck drivers that are actually employed by Target have the same problem all of you are talking about. I don't know if all the DC's have drivers, but I know here in Indy they do.

10. White Dog

White Dog Road Train Member

Feb 11, 2008
    Iowa
    Ruan has the Target account in Cedar Falls (used to be Dart), from shag drivers, to day cabs, to Regional, to team OTR...Ruan handles that accounts; and for them it is all drop and hook.
    If/when I have to unload there, it is a "go home" load, and I ain't got time to sit there and wait for them to get to it. They ALWAYS ask if I would like to assist, and I ALWAYS do. I don't play the 'out of sight, out of mind' game---I wanna get it done, and go home.

They literally DO open EVERY case, and scan the bar code on one piece in the case...punch in the amount PER CASE, and then the system will tell them if that one particular case belongs on the belt, on a skid, or in a rack...then they move onto the next case. And they do this for the entire truck load.

The reason I help, is because I am obnoxious about it, and will constantly keep them moving with "o.k. guys....what's next", "o.k. guys....what's next"---I do not let them dilly dally. It sucks, but it is what it is.

alds Thanks this.
  11. Big Don

Big Don "Old Fart"

Sep 8, 2007
    Utah's DIXIE!
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.