Target Distribution Centers, live unloads, what is their major malfunction?!?!?

Discussion in 'Shippers & Receivers - Good or Bad' started by loose_leafs, Nov 7, 2014.

1. White Dog

White Dog Road Train Member

Feb 11, 2008
    Iowa
    Thank you sir, may I have another!

truckon Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. striker

striker Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2009
    Denver, Co
    based on the skin color of those employed at the Pueblo D.C., that comment will at the minimum get you permanently banned

Pueblo D.C. is all Swifties

4. Big Don

Big Don "Old Fart"

Sep 8, 2007
    Utah's DIXIE!
    Not surprising, seeing as how their Pueblo yard is a stones throw from the Target DC there.
    I never had to do a live unload there, it was always drop the trailer, grab an empty and go! I don't think Knight actually had that many runs going into that DC though.

5. ogre1977

ogre1977 Bobtail Member

Dec 3, 2009
    Spudville, Idaho
    I unloaded at a Target DC near Denton, Texas on Monday and was only there a couple hours.

After that my company made me sit till Wednesday for my next load, which loads on Thursday down in Stephenville.

6. loose_leafs

loose_leafs Road Train Member

Jan 3, 2014
    Old Man River, MN
    Lately they haven't been counting he freight, unless they see a major error right off the bat. They have been signing the bills "subject to count".

As long as they aren't understaffed Target DCs have become better overall in the past year, Its walmart that has once again become a needless nightmare.

7. DTP

DTP Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2014
    I've delivered to a bunch of them and pretty much every one in CA and the only one I ever had a problem with was Shafter. Always took a minimum of 6-7 hours for usually only about 1/3 of a load. Have seen other drivers there wait 12-14 hours...

8. No5id3Fried

No5id3Fried Bobtail Member

Sep 13, 2010
    Sacramento Ca
    I used to lump loads at the Target in Woodland Ca,sometimes it would take 12 hours to unload a truck,the Procter and Gamble loads with a lot of items where the worst,we had to lable every box.

9. ZVar

ZVar Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Flint, MI
    And this is why it's BS. The DC should unload the truck, at worst count pallets and let the driver go. If there is a shortage they can file a claim with the broker, which is all they can do anyway.
    This is why I will never deliver to Amazon again, my longest unload time was there, pulling off 12 pallets and taking 8 hours as they had to count everything. Sign the bills as 'subject to count' and let the driver go. It's not like he can do anything other than give you the phone number to claims .

-Steven

10. BostonTanker

BostonTanker Road Train Member

May 2, 2015
    Boston, MA
    This is why I leave myself on duty and get my fm involved. Money for my time has to come from somewhere. Especially when I'm 15 miles away and start my clock. Can't fall back to sleep once I'm up for at least 16 hrs. Too bad. So sad

11. Tmcwho

Tmcwho Bobtail Member

Oct 15, 2021

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.