Tarp Stop

Discussion in 'Flatbed Trucking Forum' started by HalpinUout, Jun 5, 2017.

1. HalpinUout

HalpinUout Road Train Member

Oct 2, 2011
    Have any of you purchased equipment from Tarp Stop? They have locations in Gary,IN- Taylor,MI- and Perrysburg,OH

From what I've seen so far the prices seem to be better than any other places I've found as of yet... Just looking for info on the quality of equipment and what your opinion on the place is compared to other places you purchase equipment from? Likes/Dislikes?

Thanks...

4mer trucker, snowman_w900 and MJ1657 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. snowman_w900

snowman_w900 Road Train Member

Nov 25, 2010
    I've bought stuff from the Perrysburg, OH location. Its been several years ago, but they were real decent to deal with and had quite a bit of stuff in stock when i was there. Especially steel hauling equiptment and did alot of work on cutainside and Conestoga trailers.

Can't really tell you much about them as of lately though. If they still did business now like they done when I delt with them, I'd recommend them to you. Good luck.

4mer trucker, MJ1657 and HalpinUout Thank this.
  4. Highway Sailor

Highway Sailor Road Train Member

Nov 23, 2011
    Erie,Pa.
    I bought a 8 foot lumber tarp on Perrysburg,oh. I am not happy with the split d rings they use. If you put a strain on an angle the d rings will stretch open. The tarp seems ok overall.

5. MJ1657

MJ1657 Road Train Member

Jan 28, 2012
    Isanti, MN
    I've ordered a few things and have been generally pleased.

Their cheaper moving blankets are about as tough as toilet paper. That being said I got what I paid for.

6. Gentlemanfarmer

Gentlemanfarmer Medium Load Member

Feb 26, 2010
    Greenville, FL
    I bought some steel tarps from Tarp Stop about two years ago. The price was good and the customer service was fine, but the tarps just didn't hold up as I expected. For the money I would look at Duroche Tarps, out of Dayton, OH. I have talked with a few people that own these tarps and they are getting five or more years use with few repairs. If you haul steel and need four foot drops but don't mind extra weight, they will make you a steel tarp with 22 oz upper and 18 oz drops.

7. TruckNorris

TruckNorris Light Load Member

Apr 7, 2012
    Oshkosh, WI
    Only place do business with, at the Gary location. They know me by name, and if you're a regular customer they'll go out of their way to help you out, or get you in sooner. They've held mechanics over for me to get my fixed up, they've "forgot" to charge me for repairs, some major. And they'll actually treat you like a person if you're respectful to them, it'll get returned.

You get what you pay for here, but I've had no issues in the 5 or 6 years I've been dealing with them, outfitting Conestoga and flatbeds, etc. My one stop shop if you will.

8. barroll

barroll Road Train Member

Nov 23, 2010
    Southwest Michigan
    They'll do just about anything you're willing to pay for. Prices are about middle of the road, and they don't hound you on the phone if you don't pick up your equipment the day it's ready. Great custom tarp work and repair.

Highway Sailor and HalpinUout Thank this.
  9. Rooster1291979

Rooster1291979 Road Train Member

Sep 4, 2012
    NOLA
    I have bought from them several times. Only complaint was slow shipping.

HalpinUout Thanks this.
  10. solitary_con

solitary_con Light Load Member

Mar 2, 2007
    Cook County, IL
    Depending on what you're looking for, Mytee Products out of Aurora, OH can beat alot of Tarp Stop prices.

11. nightgunner

nightgunner Road Train Member

Jul 23, 2013
    Cedar Rapids, IA
    I would love to have another row of D rings added about a foot higher on my steel tarps. I haul a lot o plate steel and the added row would make securement that much easier.

kylefitzy, Highway Sailor and cke Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.