Teaming at Watkins & Shepard ... BEWARE

Discussion in 'Watkins & Shepard' started by jungledrums, Sep 29, 2014.

1. jungledrums

jungledrums Heavy Load Member

Oct 28, 2013
    Tennessee
    We were suckers for their nice website where it talked about special dispatch for teams. Yeah.... Ok.

Yes, O/O teams seem happy, not company driver teams... Dispatch doesn't give a rats behind if you get miles or not.

horsecrazychic22 and TruckDuo Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. sherlock510

sherlock510 Road Train Member

Jul 26, 2011
    Intercontinental.
    Yup, you guys definitely fell for the okie doke.

Few teams here do well, the ones that do have been here for years and do the same 3-4 loads.
    Hopefully the next team situation works for you guys.

blairandgretchen and jungledrums Thank this.
  4. wd40

wd40 Light Load Member

Nov 8, 2013
    Couldn't afford to buy the dispatchers flowers, candy, or pizza... ended up having to leave because of my financial status. Wish I could have been more special.

5. wd40

wd40 Light Load Member

Nov 8, 2013
    Thanks, hope you continue to prosper also.

6. Fred

Fred Bobtail Member

Jun 9, 2008
    missoula, mt
    I must be one of the lucky ones. Ran solo now as a team. Over 22000 miles a month and a bunch in bonuses. Haters will hate but interested to see what the problem is with the next company they work for is.

Friz Thanks this.
  7. wd40

wd40 Light Load Member

Nov 8, 2013
    I'm glad you did so well sir. Yes, you are correct... I do hate Watkins and Shepard, but I Love my new job teaming with USXPRESS and being on the dedicated CEVA account. To much good here to list. Yes, all companies have problems, but this one has none that I'm choosing to leave over...4700mi. Wk paid guarantee 50cents/mile. Easy yards and good equipment... Large, sweet bonus for sign on blows 2 years worth of Watkins Shepard bonuses away. I like that if I'm stuck at a truck stop during a blizzard for a week...we both still get paid in full for 4700mi. Not going to be sitting in Dalton Ga. In mid. Summer with the truck off trying to get that fuel bonus because it's in my pocket already. I love keeping the air on. Watkins also puts teams in solo driver trucks. We are in a Cascadia now. I'm not trying to pick a fight my man, just stating my honest point of view. Thank you for sharing your point of view. Bottom line, I'm glad we moved on.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2014
  8. jungledrums

jungledrums Heavy Load Member

Oct 28, 2013
    Tennessee
    Its obvious that WS has a big problem with treating teams fairly. We worked hard, but continually got screwed over. I want to prevent other newbie teams from being exploited.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2014
  9. gpsman

gpsman Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2013
    45212/59759
    At least provide us the courtesy of getting your stories straight. He's complaining about low miles, you're asserting you worked hard.

Methinks the lady doth protest too much.

10. wd40

wd40 Light Load Member

Nov 8, 2013
    Worked hard at fixing the trailers for them... Ragged out garbage.

blairandgretchen Thanks this.
  11. Mtn. Dew

Mtn. Dew Light Load Member

Nov 28, 2013
    GA
    Wow man. I have read what teams have said and some of your own W/S coworkers have said concerning new teams on this thread - and the - "Our new Volvo is in the hospital" thread. My opinion is that you are in denial if you think W/S is a good career choice for teaming. I worked there for a while and am glad I moved on also.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.