"Testing Out"

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by CDLman63, Jul 15, 2018.

1. CDLman63

CDLman63 Bobtail Member

Apr 22, 2018
    Hattiesburg, MS
    I am currently in truck driving school, and we are "testing out" starting July 23 2018. One of the things that is an automatic failure is for me to not put my seat belt on. I am not worried about that, because that is automatic for me when my butt hits the seat. I am wondering about the examiner. When he gets into the truck, when do I request that he puts his seat belt on? When his butt hits his seat, do I then say, "please put your seat belt on, Sir"? The reason I am asking is because it is also an automatic failure for me, if the examiner does not have his seat belt on. Can I refuse to perform the driving test if the examiner does not have his seat belt on? I think that the examiner is going to try to trick us by not fastening his seat belt, to see if we are going to crank the engine and/or drive away with him not having his seat belt fastened, which would be an automatic and immediate FAILURE. Anyone in here ever failed a CDL in-cab inspection, air brake test, or driving test by not noticing that the examiner did not have his/her seat belt fastened? Thx.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Trucking in Tennessee

Trucking in Tennessee Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2018
    Nashville
    Let's not be overly dramatic. Before you put the truck in gear just say please put your belt on.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2018
    Bookhacker, James122, CDLman63 and 3 others Thank this.
  4. 389driver

389driver Medium Load Member

Feb 25, 2018
    Upstate NY
    In Ny you only have to worry about your own seatbelt since some examiners and instructors don't wear one in case they have to reach over and pull the brakes quick.

CDLman63 Thanks this.
  5. shogun

shogun Road Train Member

Jan 23, 2009
    Doing a regen
    Carry your own clipboard and pretend to write something down if he doesn’t put it on. Then mutter something like “didn’t use correct method for cab entry, no seatbelt, etc.”

COBB2070, CDLman63, x1Heavy and 4 others Thank this.
  6. blairandgretchen

blairandgretchen Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2011
    South west Missouri
    You’re the captain of this ship. Tell him so immediately.

“Listen here buddy - this ain’t my first rodeo. You best put that pansy safety device around your fat little belly, and hold on tight - else I’ll smack them teeth so far down your cake hole that when you fart you’ll whistle”.

Then smile and get her in gear.

7. homeskillet

homeskillet Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2013
    Dayton, OH
    Put yours on.

Then silently glare at the unbelted examiner for a full two minutes.

"HEY! You mind beltin' up there, Skippy?"

8. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Belt your ### up buddy. She be hitting that bad bridge and across the cab out of that drivers seat you go. Do you love your teacher THAT much hmmm? MWAH.

Put belt on, give the other person a moment to belt up too. Do not move a inch until they do. It's YOUR ship.

You will have days you hug the steering wheel with the belt all the way out praying for this 100 miles of bad road to STOP.....

First lesson of wearing no seat belt. Hit a bad plate. Hard enough to compress your airride seat... SLAM to the floor. While you are processing the fire in your spine you smash your head into the ceiling for starry vision, double sight and pounding migraine for the next 4 hours.

Ride baby ride.

If that trailer did whip around violently on you you will be praising blessed be that belt when it keeps your ### where it needs to be to get it back. You will come right out of that seat and possibly clean out of that truck through glass or following the pane that got smashed out ahead of your projectile body while it proceeds to smash anything and everyone else in the way due to physics.

CDLman63 Thanks this.
  9. CDLman63

CDLman63 Bobtail Member

Apr 22, 2018
    Hattiesburg, MS
    Yeah, I guess I am being overly dramatic. Thx for calming me down. I am ready to test out NOW !! More stress leading up to the testing time. I have 15 y/o twins depending on me. This is all I have left. The "golden ticket". Thx.

10. Trucking in Tennessee

Trucking in Tennessee Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2018
    Nashville
    Just stay calm. You can't get in trouble being too slow, but you can ruin yourself being too fast. Be patient.

11. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    I understand.

I have the same problem.

Usually it's not bad, but when it's TIME to GO NOW, that's when you really gotta take a breath and take a second look around. You might be here tomorrow.

Trucking in Tennessee Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.