The all new System Transport thread

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by FwL, Sep 15, 2016.

1. mitmaks

mitmaks Road Train Member

May 16, 2014
    Bottom feeder companies constantly need fresh meat to replenish their stock of steerering wheel holders.
    These guys dont even bothee to pre/post trip their equipment. Saw a guy sitting in yard hooked up to trailer with missing mud flap, later he just took off.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Rugerfan

Rugerfan Road Train Member

May 3, 2011
    Redding,CA
    Wow, nothing like bringing in twenty new drivers a week that have never driven a truck, throw them with a trainer who probably doesn't have more than a year experience, and then wonder why these things are happening. I keep beating a dead horse but come on, they are getting ridiculous

4. mitmaks

May 16, 2014
    I wonder when swift will buy out System lol

5. Rustyolchev

Rustyolchev Bobtail Member

Jan 22, 2017
    I left there recently for this reason. Just a bad vibe amongst everyone too. More stress on the drivers becouse they got a rapidly deteriorating csa score thanks to the fact they will hire anyone. They've left quality of job for quantity.

6. Rugerfan

May 3, 2011
    Redding,CA
    When I started there in 2012, I had 6 months experience and still had to go out with a trainer for 6 weeks. They actually were still a good company and were respected

7. mitmaks

May 16, 2014
    I just dont see how its cheaper to hire 15-20 guys every week, feed, train, pay for damaged truck& equipment rather than hire experienced drivers and pay them well.

Roberts450, tony97905 and Rugerfan Thank this.
  8. Rugerfan

May 3, 2011
    Redding,CA
    I'm almost certain they get some sort of breaks or kickbacks from the government if they have the school

Truck Driver and 59EX Thank this.
  9. ryan730

ryan730 Bobtail Member

Jul 22, 2015
    ####. It seems you all have a low low opinion of system.

I started in sept 2015 as a company driver. The entire first month with Jeanette, I never sat without a load. Then 2 months into it I did team. They put teams to the top of the board. Always was moving.

Had 2 not at fault accidents. Backed into in Kentucky, and once in Georgia. 1 at fault I, backed into someone in Maryland. 1 lane violation. 1 speeding ticket. I spoke with Chuck in safety and kept my job, but I had a close eye on me. I've steered clear of an citations or anything since.

The last two months of teaming I had a camera in the new truck (Pete 579). Got a few calls from Lars telling me I need to slow it down or that I need a little more space in front. In reality tho, the thing was set to trigger an event if you were going 10+ for 10 secs +. I mean come on? Are you all going to tell me you run 10 over all the time? I don't have anything to say about the inward facing camera because I no longer deal with it.

Drove team for 7 months and took the money I saved up to put a down payment on a truck and now run on their o/o side. Did that in May of 2016.

Now I literally cannot sit still. I am called within 2-3 hrs at most with freight to be offered. They move appointments up so I can deliver early.

They have a first empty, first loaded policy. Which I don't understand how people don't believe. It makes no sense why the company would want to screw drivers when they have an over abundance of freight.

They have been sending the follow the law-follow the rules messages over the Qualcomm lately. But people need to pay attention to what they are doing. Hell a couple of the things they terminated people for were for running 15 over.

Overall I have nothing but good things to say about the company. All the DM's I've had a personal and remember me by name. Remember details about me too. The people in the Spokane yard and Gary yard recognize me on site. System treats people like people. Most guys seem to run into a problem when they don't follow the rules and then get reprimanded for it.

Bottom Line. Do your job. Deliver on time. (Keep that left door closed) Don't break the rules. You'll have a fantastic experience.

ToppDogg, fargonaz and Roberts450 Thank this.
  10. fargonaz

fargonaz Road Train Member

Feb 9, 2015
    Mesa, AZ
    That's the part that disappointed me most, beside the constant qc messages, was that pre-plans were almost non-existant.

Glad it's working for you.

TokyoJoe Thanks this.
  11. mitmaks

May 16, 2014

Did you buy truck from them?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.