The Axe Is Falling

Discussion in 'USA Truck' started by DBL_TIME, Dec 18, 2008.

1. DBL_TIME

DBL_TIME <strong>"Two Mints in One"</strong>

Feb 9, 2008
    Yep I bet they started back then with those hardest to get home and went from there. I also would bet when they cut out all the extra pay they were hoping alot would quit then. I dont know, but I do know in the post from the other day when I told u I wasn't starting out this week running hard that all changed when this went down and I will have over 3100 when I del at 7 mon. morning. I'm just glad I'm TOP SHELF, just kidding i shouldn't have said that. I feel bad for anyone losing their job this time of year even the ones that deserve it. I know one thing I am not interested in having to get near a terminal right now.Lol.....and wont be looking forward to a "load assignment" that picks up or drps at one.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. panhandlepat

panhandlepat Road Train Member

Jan 12, 2007
    i hear ya dbl!! maybe u r good. hell they cant fire u all!!
    maybe you are in a good location to get-er-done!!!!!!!

4. Wiseguywireless

Wiseguywireless Road Train Member

Dec 21, 2007
    Petoskey, MI
    But if you have high claims you will pay a larger percentage, this is why they want to keep the numbers being laid off or trying to collect down. Every time someone tried to collect from the Hotel I ran, the owner would send a letter to contest each claim. even when they were Ligit. claims. it IS SAD

5. DBL_TIME

Feb 9, 2008
    I know you're right. But the wording that was being used was Terminated and then they would give some crazy reason why, usually for something along time ago from the drivers i tlkd to. It looks like to me if they were laying off they would just say we're slow or something and wouldn't have to use a reason such as log violations, incidents, or fuel mileage. it sucks either way but yeah to do that anf then dac somebody up would just be cruel. I'm sure we'll know when cjoe or somebody goes to get another job if they've been dacked up. I'm not sure that's how you spell that but if I typed what that really means the censors would nail me for sure.Lol

panhandlepat Thanks this.
  6. DBL_TIME

Feb 9, 2008
    I,ve been in a few poker hands and thought I was doing good....ended up I was sucking hind tit all along. As far as location it's pretty good I live 2min. From I-75 about 70mls north of ATL.

7. Big Don

Big Don "Old Fart"

Sep 8, 2007
    Utah's DIXIE!
    Guys, the posters who are saying they are firing you so they don't get hit with higher unemployment rates are right. That is exactly what they are doing. And IF YOU LET THEM, they will get away with it.

You guys who are being given these BS out of date "reasons" for being terminated all need to file for unemployment. If it is denied, contest it.

Wiseguywireless, Lilbit and DBL_TIME Thank this.
  8. Wiseguywireless

Dec 21, 2007
    Petoskey, MI
    and if you need to, contest it again and file a complaint with the BBB. wont' hurt.

9. DBL_TIME

Feb 9, 2008
    I would file if it was me. I've always thought the only way you could'nt file is if you quit.

10. Wiseguywireless

Dec 21, 2007
    Petoskey, MI
    you can even file then but there has to be one good reason. and chances are, you will be denied.

11. jugg

jugg Light Load Member

this is what the big 3 needs to do to get rid of the uaw workers.... like it or not the goberment is loaing them your money... so like the statement or not, who cares.... they we prob the lazy drivers that hardly made the company any money

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.