The Axe Is Falling

Discussion in 'USA Truck' started by DBL_TIME, Dec 18, 2008.

1. panhandleswife

panhandleswife <strong>Florida Girl</strong>

Jan 14, 2007
    THE unemployment I HAD SOME ONE I KNOW GET TOLD TO FILE AND THEY DID NOW THIS WAS NOT WITH TRUCKEN BUT ALL THE SAME SAID THEY COULDN'T GET IT BECAUSE THEY WHERE DISCHARGED FOR COMPANY POLICY SO IF THE WHERE LET GO BECAUSE OF LOGS OR OLD TICKETS OR WHAT EVEY DOESN'T MEAN THEY WILL GET IT BECAUSE SHE WAS SENT A LETTER TELLING HER HOW MUCH SHE HAD PUT IN TO UNEMPLOYMENT AND FROM WHAT COMPANY SO THIS COMPANY NEW WHAT THEY WHERE DOING TO NOT TO HAVE TO PAY . SO THEY DON'T PAY YOU ON WHAT YOU HAVE PUT IN THEY PAY IF THE LAST COMPANY WONT TO PAY YOU AND IF THEY DON'T THEN YOU GET NOTHING .

Baack Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. ucj824

ucj824 Light Load Member

Apr 10, 2008
    Kalamazoo, MI
    i was in van buren thursday and friday getting a new truck and it wasn't pretty there. i saw atleast a dozen drivers clean out their trucks. i heard the number of people fired was closer to 200 and atleast 6 fleet managers were fired.

DBL_TIME Thanks this.
  4. DBL_TIME

DBL_TIME <strong>"Two Mints in One"</strong>

Feb 9, 2008
    My FM was one of the 6. That SUCKS!

5. panhandlepat

panhandlepat Road Train Member

Jan 12, 2007
    iam sitting next to a USA here in MASS. been chatting on the CB half the day (nothing else to do except watch the snowplows) he said close to 600 canned.

6. MCR6468

MCR6468 Medium Load Member

Sep 1, 2008
    Atlanta Ga
    Can they do this inspite of the labor laws???? or is trucking exempt from that?

7. panhandlepat

panhandlepat Road Train Member

Jan 12, 2007
    a LOT of states are "right to work" states. which means, they can fire you for any reason whatsoever.

8. cplmac2

cplmac2 Heavy Load Member

Nov 10, 2008
    Watford City, ND
    The company has to pay unemployment insurance premiums no matter what, and your benefits are based off of how much was paid on your behalf the prior year. So whatever you collect on unemployment this year is based on what you earned the previous year. The company doesn't have any say in whether or not you get unemployment benefits, that is at the discretion of your states Department of Employment Security. It's a lot easier if you are union, then you don't have to go through all the normal calling in submitting job search info etc.

9. DBL_TIME

Feb 9, 2008
    I think the union is on the same highway AC/DC sings about right now.

10. panhandleswife

panhandleswife <strong>Florida Girl</strong>

Jan 14, 2007

well i am sorry but yes it dose go with what the company say that what it said in the letter the girl got .

11. DBL_TIME

Feb 9, 2008
    I owned a construction business here in Ga. and a couple of guys tried to file on me, I did not decide wether or not they got to draw but the information I gave did. Based on my info they were not allowed to draw. So did I make the decision or not? There is a board that decides but they decide based on all info given from both parties. I guess it just comes down to who they want to believe at the time.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.