The randy tablets

Discussion in 'Trucking Electronics, Gadgets and Software Forum' started by Cw5110, Mar 18, 2015.

1. Cw5110

Cw5110 Heavy Load Member

Oct 19, 2013
    Georgia
    I was wondering if anyone has tried them yet. Are the useful? I know theyre expensive even off of amazon.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. skyviper73

skyviper73 Heavy Load Member

Feb 17, 2012
    Centennial, CO
    They aren't ready for primetime yet. Wait a while and they will be better. Look at the reviews on Amazon. People having all kinds of problems with them. I like the idea, and am looking forward to the bugs being worked out of them.

Vilhiem and Cw5110 Thank this.
  4. Cw5110

Cw5110 Heavy Load Member

Oct 19, 2013
    Georgia
    Glad i havent forked 500 bucks into it. Ive been thinking about upgrading though. Garmin is really starting too be pain in my rear. Areas where its posting truck restrictions even though it isnt and when it ACUTALLY is one. It wants me too go threw it even though i dont. Then of course it will send you way out of the way when google maps has a better route. Just the headache of hearing "severe traffic ahead recalculating". No duh its houston in rush hour traffic theres traffic everwhere.

skyviper73 Thanks this.
  5. Salad

Salad Medium Load Member

Mar 1, 2015
    I have one, it has less actual functionality than my TND 720. They're going to have to beef up the processor, RAM, and ventilation. It gets HOT in the window, and it runs slowly. Save your money, they'll have to go through a few iterations of it before it comes out worth the premium.

skyviper73 and Cw5110 Thank this.
  6. PackRatTDI

PackRatTDI Licensed to Ill

Jul 15, 2006
    El Chuco, Tejas
    Why did I think this was going to be about some new sex aide medication?

skyviper73, lovesthedrive and Vilhiem Thank this.
  7. Cranky Yankee

Cranky Yankee Cranky old ######

Jan 31, 2012
    Green Bay Wi
    i know nothing about this tablet but
    having owned multiple pieces of electronics
    on fishing boats
    I can tell you devices paired to other devices never work as good as 2 single units
    even more important if this tablet breaks your out a tablet and gps

2 is better then one

skyviper73 Thanks this.
  8. Edgar2191

Edgar2191 Light Load Member

Apr 9, 2013
    Well we managed to have a phone with Internet and replaced my watch. I think eventually they will make it better or hopefully rand mmcnelly would sell just the app

9. Vilhiem

Vilhiem Road Train Member

Oct 6, 2014
    I would wait to buy this. The primary reason I'd want this is for the dash cam. The rest is just icing on the cake.

When this is beefed up some, looking at it up close, the specs and what all it can do; my assessment is that this will make one helluva tool for any o/o.

10. lovesthedrive

lovesthedrive R.I.P.

Nov 11, 2008
    Sorrento Maine
    I wouldnt rely on the 520 or 720 for the security as well. Definately 2 units. The mcnally units have plenty of owners in the forum nearby with online support (I dont see the other gps units having online support here). Yet from what I understand and from reading they are good for the other details of ownership and mapping. If I ever got my weight down again and returned to long haul, I would be willing to get the 720. As to the cams I would get something from Dieselboss. Probably this one for around $800 starting price (more for the extra cameras). One through the windshield off the visor, one behind the drvers head looking forward at the cab interior, the other 2 looking to the rear on right and left sides.
    http://www.dieselboss.com/camera/camera_rear_view_truck.htm

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.