Thermo king evaporator

Discussion in 'Refrigerated Trucking Forum' started by Dombaltimore, Apr 4, 2021.

1. Dombaltimore

Dombaltimore Bobtail Member

Apr 4, 2021
    Hi. I saw a similar thread but I figure I'd make a post about my thermo king. It's having a little trouble cooling. And it is not draining from the drain tubes. Water just drips wherever and its a lot of water. Also gets wet inside trailer. I expect drain tubes are clogged but I need specific instructions or pictures of where to access these lines and how to disconnect. Thank you so much. I'm 99% sure this is the issue.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. reeferwrencher

reeferwrencher Medium Load Member

Aug 4, 2018
    The tubes are just tie strapped around the plastic drains above the engine.Cut off tie straps and pull the hoses off.You should also remove evaporator panel and clear out drain pan of debris.Use a coat hangar to shove through drains and clear out.Make sure the hoses themselves are clear as well.

bzinger Thanks this.
  4. Dombaltimore

Apr 4, 2021
    I did clear debri from the panel inside the trailer. So that's good. The hoses . I can see on the driver side where it connects...I think but ita definitely a clog high up. They're clear when I stick wire from the bottom..having trouble getting to top of drain hoses

5. reeferwrencher

reeferwrencher Medium Load Member

Aug 4, 2018
    Remove the panel again and dump a bucket of water in the drain pan if it runs out the hoses then you know nothing is clogged

Snailexpress Thanks this.
  6. Dombaltimore

Apr 4, 2021
    I found them. Clogged like nothing I've ever seen. Better now. Thanks .

Snailexpress and reeferwrencher Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.