Thermo king SB210

Discussion in 'Refrigerated Trucking Forum' started by bluerhino, Jun 23, 2020.

1. bluerhino

bluerhino Light Load Member

Mar 10, 2013
    Good day all i have 2005 thermo king i have noticed the last days when i turn the reefer on and just as it cranks there is noise that follows it but disappears immediately need your expertise thanks all

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. reeferwrencher

reeferwrencher Medium Load Member

Aug 4, 2018
    .Maybe the teeth on the ring gear or or starter are worn.Pull the starter out and check them over.Rotate the engine by hand when you check the ring gear to make sure you see all the teeth on it

Snailexpress Thanks this.
  4. bluerhino

Mar 10, 2013
    Good day reeferwrencher hope you are fine slctrucker suggested that it may be the shut off solenoid located close to the belts attached to freon line thanks

5. reeferwrencher

Aug 4, 2018
    Does the engine start? Does the sound disappear after the starter de-energizes. If so I would check the starter and ring gear as i suggested earlier.The fuel solenoid makes a click as it pulls in just before the engine cranks,thats normal.I would assume that isn't the noise you're referring to as you said this noise just started happening recently. Is that correct?

6. bluerhino

Mar 10, 2013
    It started recently the noise like air pressure/freon comes from the right side when facing the motor between the long belt and eye glass there is 12 v solenoid that goes thru freon line just my suggestion

7. reeferwrencher

Aug 4, 2018
    That's the pilot solenoid that controls the three way valve. Put the unit on an automated pre trip if it passes then dont worry about it

8. bluerhino

Mar 10, 2013
    Thanks reeferwrencher it passes everytime i do Pre-Trip. My issue is when I turn reefer on just before cranking there is a pop up noise and it immediately crank

Attached Files:

9. reeferwrencher

Aug 4, 2018
    Might be 3 way valve shifting maybe make a video with sound and post it up here if possible but I dont think it's anything to worry about

bluerhino Thanks this.
  10. bluerhino

Mar 10, 2013
    Reeferwrencher i noticed the ball is floating at the button i did fix the seal by the compressor assuming no more leak need your input thanks

11. reeferwrencher

Aug 4, 2018
    If the ball is floating in the receiver tank sightglass then your freon level is fine.If you're worried about it then set it for -10 f while empty and let it run overnight on a test run.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.