Thinking of going LTL

Discussion in 'LTL and Local Delivery Trucking Forum' started by Buckeye91, Oct 2, 2013.

1. ACH1130

ACH1130 Road Train Member

Jan 23, 2011
    Land of far far away,
    Yea forgot about old d. They have been growing quite a bit as well.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. CenutryClass

CenutryClass Road Train Member

Feb 15, 2006
    In terms of revenue FXF is first, CWF is second.

4. ACH1130

Jan 23, 2011
    Land of far far away,
    I will agree on that

5. Elendil

Elendil Heavy Load Member

Mar 27, 2011
    Ottawa, IL

That was exactly the point of my original post................sheesh.

6. Buckeye91

Buckeye91 Road Train Member

Sep 26, 2011
    Midwest, USA
    I actually saw a conway driver delivering at a business next door to my house. Stopped over and asked him if he was out of Columbus, he said, no we have one in Sidney. So thats only 26 miles south of me. He gave me the name of a guy down there to talk to. Im going to go down there and talk to him monday while im on hometime. Im leaning towards just staying where im at for a year, but ill talk to him and see what he says. Seems like Ill be choosing conway. Its the only one near my town. The usf holland in town closed, so its abf or conway.

7. ACH1130

Jan 23, 2011
    Land of far far away,
    Easy dude just a misunderstanding. I though you meant as in size and terminals

8. Elendil

Elendil Heavy Load Member

Mar 27, 2011
    Ottawa, IL
    No worries. I have no idea on the terminal issue. When it comes down to it, revenues (and more to the point, profit is the bottom line).

9. cool35

cool35 Heavy Load Member

Sep 6, 2010
    Everywhere
    I will say in terms of size of terminals FXF has it where I live. Out in Fontana/Blooming/Rialto area of California, they are huge! Finding yourself around fedex ground is like going to Disneyland! FXF and Conway are about the same size and huge! The YRC yard in San Bernardino is pretty darn big as well. If I remember right the FXF yard in Dallas, TX was gigantic and maybe the biggest I've seen. UPSF yards seem kind of small to me. At least the ones I've been too.

10. ACH1130

Jan 23, 2011
    Land of far far away,
    Yea UPSF has a lot of mini hubs. We only have a few terminals that go to the mini hub I go too. We all know each other... Although a few guys I don't like because they are lazy and try to get everyone else to do their work. I don't mind helping but I'm not doing your work and mine.

Not where im from. Its all CWF and YRC trucks, then old dominion, then fxf and UPSF

11. road_runner

road_runner Road Train Member

Mar 26, 2012
    Montucky
    Speaking of doing someone else's work, we had some guy show up out of Salt Lake City. He kept asking for a hostler. After further inquiry, he said he usually runs Denver out of Salt Lake, and he always had a hostler put his set together. We politely informed him that we are neither in Salt Lake nor Denver, and we put our own sets together. It's ridiculous... He charges the company 30 min of work time (45 minutes for triples) for putting together/taking apart a set. And he doesn't even know how to bloody do it. I went about my merry way. I don't get paid to train someone, and I don't get paid extra to hook an additional set.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2013
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.