THIS is how you get fired from western express!

Discussion in 'Western Express' started by superpet39, Mar 16, 2014.

1. superpet39

superpet39 Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Bay Area California
    1- be a safe driver (no dot violations, no speeding, no damage to truck)
    2- make your deliveries on time, (and on a couple occasions early)
    3- You DON'T complain when they have you sitting for a weekend (day and a half actually) because they can't find you an empty
    4- You DON'T complain that they have sitting your 2nd weekend at there "luxurious" Nazareth PA yard for a malfunctioning Qualcomm, and a fuel sending unit replaced (that wound up taking all of 45 minutes to replace on Monday afternoon!) only to be told that they don't have any new units, but refused to take one out of another truck to give to us to continue rolling because "then we would be creating a new problem"

5-explain to your DM (via Qualcomm of course) that the preplan that was just sent (even though you aren't even unloaded from your current stop yet) going from Chicago to Sacramento Ca. cannot be done "SAFELY" in 30 hours (trucks are governed to 63)

---------------------------------

I can't make this stuff up, and it happened just as I described, I'm just leaving out the part where they have us come back to Nashville and yell and scream at us in front of the entire van dispatch office (I refused to go to jail in a different state so I just took it)

I can't stress this enough: IF you don't think for yourself, accept whatever comes across that Qualcomm screen, and disregard your safety: there's a really good chance you can make it there for a short amount of time (hopefully long enough to satisfy the prerequisites of your next employer) without it biting you in the butt- there's also an equal chance that you get a bunch of points on your csa, and get into an accident from trying to go to fast.

but if you actually THINK and are careful, this isn't the place for you.........

as as it was told to me in a room of about 25 people:

"Western Express is a 100 mph company with 62 mph trucks, so yes on occasion we need you guys to really step up, but it's not like we ask this of you every single day"

i also can't leave out, that after being terminated, I called my recruiter to get a bus ticket and was offered my job back within the hour after explaining to him what happened. When I ask him what's going to happen the next time something like this occurs he said "oh will have to deal with that then"..... At that point I accepted the bus ticket and when I got into the shuttle van to take me to the Greyhound station I informed the driver to take me to the airport instead, went in my own pocket, and flew home.

i personally worked too hard to get my license back and refuse to do ANYTHING that will jeopardize it or me.
    but for some this isn't an option......

so for you guys: I suggest, if you can't go there with some "emergency money", and you have to live off of payroll advancements- look out for your self because no one there is going to look out for you, if you don't believe me, I'm sure the drivers of all of the rollover tractors that are in the back of the Nashville yard would agree with me IF they were still living. (The ones with tarps are the drivers that were killed)

this wasn't meant to be a bitter post from a former Western express driver....... Like I previously stated in other threads Western express serves a niche: it's a second chance company....... Nothing more nothing less..... The only thing I didn't prepare myself for was the fact that at Western express the left hand doesn't even know what the right hand is doing, there is absolutely no structure there, maybe that has to do with the fact that this refresher program is a very new ........... I am almost positive that it will get better: for the simple reason that IMO no company can survive the way they are going (the amount of accidents and rollovers they have)..................

anyway I am confident (hopefully I'm not being delusional) that I will find another job in a timely manner, and my short stint with western won't hamper me too much considering I've only had 2 other jobs my whole life (1-5 years, and 2- 13 years)

good luck western drivers, and try and stay safe.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. shane13080

shane13080 Medium Load Member

Oct 21, 2012
    So, what did you actually get fired for?

48Packard Thanks this.
  4. 48Packard

48Packard Ol' Two-stop Shag!

Apr 19, 2009
    Could be anywhere
    Barely had time for the proverbial cup of coffee.....

Upinsmoke Thanks this.
  5. Lowa3468

Lowa3468 Heavy Load Member

Feb 10, 2014
    Portland, Or
    Yes what did you actually do.

2nd find another company to go to right away it takes 3 months to hit dac you were fired don't wait when asked about contacting previous just put no.

alds and superpet39 Thank this.
  6. Dna Mach

Dna Mach Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Texas
  7. Mev

Mev Road Train Member

Jul 29, 2009
    I d see a lawyer if I felt I had a case , we are supposed to have a coercion law coming out from what the media is saying , this law will empower drivers to fight back .

If the law pans out these companies will fear us !

They will be wetting their britches when we bring the Feds down on them

:biggrin_25511:

Swamprat55 Thanks this.
  8. Semi Crazy

Semi Crazy Road Train Member

May 13, 2011
    Middle Tennessee
    They always hide their name on those wrecked trucks too at Antioch yard.

9. Dinomite

Dinomite Road Train Member

Sep 6, 2012
    Looking 4 Rocks
    He was warned by many, but he had to taste it for himself.

10. vinsanity

vinsanity Road Train Member

Nov 23, 2009
    South Florida
    Should be no problem making it from Chicago to W Sac in 30 hours for a team. Not saying Western Express is good to work for, but you will fail at any company with that attitude.

11. CondoCruiser

CondoCruiser The Legend

Apr 18, 2010
    Tennessee
    2046 miles divided by 30 = 68mph if you don't stop. No fuel, no 30 minute breaks or grab something to eat?

If you got 5 years in superpet try working for a smaller company under 200 trucks. Do your homework and you'll find a good company.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.