This is why Werner continues to have problems, despite putting so much effort into improvement

Discussion in 'Werner' started by Davezilla, Nov 22, 2018.

1. Matt43324

Matt43324 Light Load Member

Jun 1, 2014
    My truck has that, 62psi I'm sitting at 33-34k, not the most accurate but gets me within a ton or two. Plus I prefer get my drives and tandems as close as possible with out going over 41ft.(just personal preference) Point being, they didn't even know how to use a scale from the sound of it. Also, I picked one up once that said 9 pallets with a weight of 27xxlbs. As soon as I took off, I knew it was false. Grossed out at 72k. That digital air gauge is like a gps, a handy tool to help you out. Nothing more, nothing less. I'll trust calibrated scales before a air pressure gauge. But yes, it does help setting tandems, then hit the scale to verify. Also I want a scale ticket should I bust weight, I got a leg to stand on in court. Once again, this is my personal preference, if you're way has worked out for you then by all means keep doing it brother

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Atlanta trucker

Atlanta trucker Road Train Member

Jan 25, 2017
    I was with Werner for 2 months couldn't take it. Biggest problem for me was that automatic idle system. Shook me awake constantly , total nightmare.

4. Gdog66223

Gdog66223 Road Train Member

Dec 30, 2017
    Coal Town
    There is a sucker born everyday...

5. Matt43324

Jun 1, 2014
    Freightliner?

6. Davezilla

Davezilla Medium Load Member

May 19, 2009
    Ya, they opti idle is broken in nearly every truck. I had like 6 Cascadias and the Opti idle was a nightmare on every single one of them. And it doesnt even save fuel. It revs the engine up like a lunatic, so it gets the same mpg as a truck with a full idle.

They are set to a certain idle percentage, about 30%, so if you drive 10 hours you get 3 hours of air or heat.

But if you avoid idling all week and save it for your day off, they reset the stats on friday so you will have only a few hours of idle time if you have to shut down on Sunday.

After a few years of dealing with Cascadia problems I ended up just refusing to drive one. They gave me the oldest Kenworth on the lot to try and punish me, but that truck ended up being great! Loved it!

And it got better mpg than the Cascadia even though it could idle! Thats how bad the opti idle is!

7. Matt43324

Jun 1, 2014
    Dude everyone laughs at me bc I got probably one of the oldest trucks in the fleet 65**** numbers, but I love it, 15 t680, hasn't let me down yet, doesn't have the lane departure. Pulls hills great...

8. Davezilla

Davezilla Medium Load Member

May 19, 2009
    Ya, the KWs and Petes are great. The freightliners are absolutely worthless and the dealers are incompetent.

The only reason freightliner even stays in business is because the people buying them dont understand how much drivers hate them.

I guarantee you if Werner measured turnover by truck type that the freightliners would have 2-3 times the turnover as the KWs or Petes.

Nobody wants to be woken up by a screaming alarm because the heat drained the batteries, or the air pressure alarm is going off because the opti idle keeps that on, or in the summer burning up at 120 degrees because the truck wont idle when its support to.

Just take a look at Tesla. Their head designer was the head of Cascadia development and their cars have always had huge quality issues.

Cascadias are absolute garbage.

9. Matt43324

Jun 1, 2014
    I was on a new Cascadia for 2 weeks with my "trainer"...top bunk doesn't even have HVAC vents up top, trainer duct taped a dryer vent to his vent on the bottom to redirect air to the top bunk. Easy fix, but for a truck costing roughly 150k, absolutely ridiculous. Still got toasty up there on a 34. I did enjoy at orientation how much they boasted the million miler trucks and made the comment of how great it is that after 8 years of hard work I could finally have the privilege of sleeping comfortable.

10. windsmith

windsmith Road Train Member

Sep 2, 2011
    NEPA
    Why haven't you guys filed coercion complaints with FMCSA against Werner? Many of these stories posted in this thread are clear cut cases of coercion.

Coercion

11. Matt43324

Jun 1, 2014
    I haven't read anything on this thread that fits coercion...nor have I experienced it. I don't play them games, didn't play it in the military nor will I in my new line of work.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.