This season has brought back my earliest "WTH" moment from the road

Discussion in 'Road Stories' started by DYLAN_131, Dec 15, 2018.

1. AModelCat

AModelCat Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    Its true. Dad's first truck was a 1978 W900A. He ran and rebuilt that truck over 4 or 5 years and then sold it. That truck started the obsession for me. I even decided to rebuild a 1980 W900A because of it. I know his old truck was rebuilt and now pulls RGN's up in northern BC. I think I passed it once on the highway years ago but if I ever came across it for sale, I'd probably try and buy it just because.

Rideandrepair Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. DYLAN_131

DYLAN_131 Light Load Member

Nov 21, 2018
    I'm glad I'm not the only one with the attachment. I hope you find the truck someday. Trying to find ol' Mary Anne is becoming a pain.

Rideandrepair and AModelCat Thank this.
  4. AModelCat

AModelCat Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    Kind of interesting and kind of on topic but I posted a thread of my rebuild on here and another member recognized the truck as his from over 20 years ago. Small world eh?

Rideandrepair Thanks this.
  5. DYLAN_131

DYLAN_131 Light Load Member

Nov 21, 2018
    That's crazy. I hope I have the same stroke of luck. Come to find out, my dad has the original purchase paperwork at a relative's house. So I'll have that tomorrow. Maybe I'll find it for sale? Who knows.

Rideandrepair and AModelCat Thank this.
  6. ironeagle2006

ironeagle2006 Road Train Member

Summer of 91 I went with my now late father on a trip in his truck. Well we caught a Fisher Price load of toys going to Jersey on the floor and I had been playing his lumper over the trip. We got the breakdown and also got a checker with attitude at the dock. She got pissed we refused to hire her boyfriend to unload the dock and really got pissed at us as we where doing the unloading ourselves. So instead of the 150 I was planning on charging the company to do the unloading I told my dad it was going to be 350 for her attitude. Carrier called the broker they called the shipper they said no problem with the amount. I got paid on the spot and then a couple weeks later as we were heading to Canada for our fishing trip with my uncle the reimbursement hit my father's check for the lumper fee. We had a blast up in Canada. In the 5 weeks I was with my dad that summer I made close to 2 grand lumping trailers. Decent money for a 15 year old that needed to get into shape for football season.

lovesthedrive Thanks this.
  7. starmac

starmac Road Train Member

Apr 11, 2019
    Fairbanks Ak
    You have to love it when someone stops or even slows you down, so that you can't get up the hill. A few years back, 2 trucks passed me, they had camp units on steps hanging off the back 10 feet or so, no weight on the drives. I knew they couldn't get up the slide, and sure enough both of them burned out, but not before they passed a friend ahead of me. he had already started up, and when one burned out the other one tried to pass, and burned out as well, but now blocking the road. My friend and another truck had already started up, so they stopped short and chained, I stopped on the flat so I wouldn't have to chain.
    When one truck got his chains on and started rolling he radioed back that we could come on, so I headed up. The other one, I won't call him by name cuz, he might accidently be on here, but his name was not what I was calling him that night anyway, had got one of his chains messed up and had the tire on it so he couldn't hook up, one of the other trucks then stopped to help him, now I have already started up and had to stop and chain up anyway for no freakin reason. lol

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.