Those #### bobtails...

Discussion in 'Truck Stops' started by drivingmissdaisy, Oct 16, 2019.

1. drivingmissdaisy

drivingmissdaisy Road Train Member

Jun 10, 2019
    Well by all means please let me know how many "mom and pop" truck stops there are within 20 miles of Chicago. Because that's where I was when I timed out and needed a place to park.

I try to stop at truck stops that offer showers. Most mom and pop stops either offer none at all or they make you pay. I don't pay for showers or drink refills. Not with a truck that gets 7mpg. But I stop everywhere, mom and pops, rest areas and majors. The later in the day the more chance I'll end up at one of the first two. But finding a bobtail in a full spot has happened at all 3 of those places so I'm not sure the relevance to the topic.

The fact is truck parking spots are 75 feet long for a reason and that reason isn't a 25 foot long bobtail.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2019
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. D.Tibbitt

D.Tibbitt Road Train Member

Apr 26, 2013
    Gettin' down westbound
    What difference does it make, that driver was probably out of hours just like u. So he found a spot before u did... Why is that such a big deal. Being bobtail doesnt open up some magical world where more endless and unlimited parking suddenly become available. U are gonna wake up one day in mid air and see a wrecker in front of u .... "Ohh but mr wrecker sir i am bobtail i can park wherever i want!"

4. Coffey

Coffey Heavy Load Member

May 14, 2019
    Well if your going to/ though big city with little place to park it is suggested to have a couple pre plan places to stop before the clock runs out to park instead of hoping one place has a open spot for you instead of running your clock out or you could pre-order a spot.
    And just because you think you deserve a spot more then someone else and he shouldn't be allowed to have a shower/meal or what ever he #### pleases does not mean your correct.
    I guess what I'm trying to say is stop #####ing about people parking safely and pre plan your route better with these clock in the truck that's means your responsible for stoping on time even if that mean you have a couple hours on the clock left

drvrtech77, FlaSwampRat and D.Tibbitt Thank this.
  5. asphaltreptile311

asphaltreptile311 Road Train Member

Jun 16, 2016
    I've been long time friends with the gm at a loves in Arkansas he's started making bobtails move after 1800 . If you leave them their he will have it towed i i pulled in one night at 2300 needed a 30 min break he straight up went out in the lot and made a bobtail get out of a truck spot that snuck in real late.

6. Coffey

Coffey Heavy Load Member

May 14, 2019
    Is there a sign that so no Bob tails

7. asphaltreptile311

Jun 16, 2016
    I don't remember I'd have to look it's supposed to be just common sense

8. Tb0n3

Tb0n3 Road Train Member

Oct 5, 2012
    Earth
    WTF? I'd be ready to fight if he wanted me to move just because I was bobtail. We're not ####ing RVs we're working too.

9. Coffey

Coffey Heavy Load Member

May 14, 2019
    Well if there's no sign or bobtails parking only spots then that gm can go #### him self with that common sense there's already not enough parking spot bobtailing or not to find a legal parking spot only to get kick out this isn't like the past with paper logs once I shut down in a legal spot i won't move if I have to I'll drag my bed in front of the truck and slept there untill Im good to go

10. asphaltreptile311

Jun 16, 2016
    Until the police come that is

11. Coffey

Coffey Heavy Load Member

May 14, 2019
    Well maybe your right and if all you said is true all I can hope for is him to get fired and if you don't mind telling witch loves it is so I could avoid it if I'm ever in the area

Eowyn Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.