Three drivers given first and last warning

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by Yank the Tank, Aug 11, 2022.

1. Geekonthestreet

Geekonthestreet Medium Load Member

Jun 27, 2021
    Chicago
    Why is everyone signing on to camera companies? Is the 2cpm worth all of the rights violations?

bentstrider83 and Boondock Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. kemosabi49

kemosabi49 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Jan 13, 2013
    SW Arkansas
    My phone is mounted on the dash. Voice dialing if I make a call. With Bluetooth. Only calls I'll answer are from my wife or company. Any text briefly pops down long enough to see who it's from. If maybe important, I'll find a place to safely pull over.
    The cops see you touch the phone more than one touch, you could be screwed.

4. Redtwin

Redtwin Road Train Member

Aug 17, 2012
    PBC, FL
    Zero tolerance when I worked at Sysco. No warning, no write up. If you got caught with your phone in your hand, you were fired.

Yank the Tank and Boondock Thank this.
  5. prostartom

prostartom Light Load Member

Jun 20, 2014
    That’s a great idea, glad you posted it!

6. teams567

teams567 Medium Load Member

Jan 3, 2022
    Yeah but there are dispatchers who purposely and repeatedly call a driver when they know the driver is moving.

Then they get mad if a driver 'ignores' their call. Why shouldn't dispatch be fired?

RockinChair, JoeyJunk, Coover and 2 others Thank this.
  7. abyliks

abyliks Road Train Member

May 2, 2010
    ludlow MA
    My policy is don’t work for anyone with cameras, and 20% window tint helps the Karen’s mind their own business with anything else

JoeyJunk Thanks this.
  8. idriveaholden

idriveaholden Super Heavy Hauler

Mar 14, 2018
    Honestly , I’ve learned more alone in the truck from YouTube and other sources then any other time in my life .
    Kind of a waste when your too worried about touching your phone...

bentstrider83 Thanks this.
  9. aussiejosh

aussiejosh Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2009
    Airlie Beach QLd
    When I first read this post I thought maybe we worked for the same company as the rules are exactly the same, although at one point drivers were not even allowed to use blue tooth however they changed that rule and drivers can use their phone provided they are not holding it. In some states its illegal to simply have it in your hand you don't even have to be making a call or texting, just holding it in your hand, is enough to earn a ticket if the police catch you, that's of course if the state has mandated the use of a mobile phone while driving as illegal. Is the call or the text so important that you [a] can not wait till you pull over to where it is safe just ignore the call if its important they'll call back later? One of my work associates had to attend the funeral of both his parents about 18 months ago as a result of some person running the traffic lights while they were driving and texting on the phone smashed straight into his parents car, his mother died at the scene and his father died some days later, needless to say while hes driving if he sees someone on their mobile phone he will literally get out of his vehicle and verbally abuse that driver for being so careless. There is a reason why some states make it illegal to use a mobile phone while driving and it's not simply revenue raising it is a very dangerous habit just like DUI. :cool:

haycarter Thanks this.
  10. Yank the Tank

Yank the Tank Bobtail Member

Jun 14, 2022
    Most companies that pay anything and get you home every night have cameras. Do I like them. No.

But it’s a good paying job; and everything is getting expensive so I’ll just have to put up with it.

bentstrider83 and Bill51 Thank this.
  11. flood

flood Road Train Member

Dec 25, 2010
    on my state TN it's a automatic ticket if you have the phone in your hand

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.