Tight turn?

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Mehsurewhynot, Oct 19, 2021.

1. abyliks

abyliks Road Train Member

May 2, 2010
    ludlow MA
    tell them how much you love that place and you want to go there every day, I’ll bet a case of beer you never see it again

TravR1 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. WesternPlains

WesternPlains Road Train Member

Sep 1, 2017
    When you make a tight turn with a heavy load. It is possible to blow a trailer tire. They won’t like that. Sounds like a cannon blast. I know.

4. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    The company gives you your routing?

That’s another place where I’ll never work. I can find my own.

Frank Speak and Lonesome Thank this.
  5. Frank Speak

Frank Speak Road Train Member

May 3, 2016
    Big Maude routes me.

When Big Maude says turn left into the drive thru, you turn turn left into the drive thru!

TravR1 and MACK E-6 Thank this.
  6. Lennythedriver

Lennythedriver Road Train Member

Feb 14, 2020
    I hate to say this but when it comes to driving a semi truck in environments like that, you have to develop a sense of “I don’t give a F” But, technically you still do. Because you don’t want to smack into anyone. That said, you have to take control of that intersection. You have to swing the front of that truck out slightly to the left as far up as you can and pull it back down right in front of those cars an angle the front of your truck back down that lane. If someone pulls up past that line, too bad you pull right up to their bumper and make them move. They’re not supposed to be there in the first place and that’s why you’re not being able to make that turn. Get a bit of an attitude in this situations. The children who Act like their life is going to end if they have to wait for two seconds will get over it.

7. Mehsurewhynot

Mehsurewhynot Bobtail Member

Aug 31, 2021
    Ended up OW and reloaded killed 3 hours. And i lovely mini van gave me all the room i needed.

8. Six9GS

Six9GS Road Train Member

Dec 3, 2012
    Yuma, AZ
    I'm pretty lucky and haven't run into too much of this kind of difficulty. But, I did have to make a right hand turn into a Costco once and basically had to sit there blocking most of the intersection through three light cycles until finally a car understood what was going on and stopped short enough for me to swing the turn.

Rule 1. DON'T HIT ANYTHING.
    Rule 2. HAVE PATIENCE.
    Rule 3. Refer to rules 1 and 2. Repeat until you've made the turn.

9. snowez

snowez Light Load Member

May 15, 2013
    I literally use all of the road. I don’t care if I’m blocking traffic or not. I swing into other lanes as long as cars ain’t coming and will put my bumper next to a 4 wheeler hood and make them back up if I have to.

the most important thing is that if your doing stuff like this always check your mirrors constantly to make sure cars didn’t sneak up on you. If you crush a car your screwed.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.