Time for exercise?

Discussion in 'Driver Health' started by Teb1987, Jun 9, 2019.

1. ZhenyaP1991

ZhenyaP1991 Medium Load Member

Nov 6, 2014
    I found Dr Berg on youtube couple years ago. Best channel on youtube healthwise. Check out his videos about insulin, keto, and fasting. And boy, you dont even need to exercise, the pounds will shred while u drive

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Tb0n3

Tb0n3 Road Train Member

Oct 5, 2012
    Earth
    Rideandrepair, cuzzin it and Chinatown Thank this.
  4. VIDEODROME

VIDEODROME Road Train Member

Jun 7, 2007
    angola, in
    Recently, I upgraded a to a newer truck and got a fridge and microwave. Hoping this will drastically reduce reasons to eat out of the truck stop.

I used to hit a heavy bag in a gym and I miss it. It was an all body involving activity and I could work up a sweat quickly.

I keep browsing Amazon to see if I can find a compact alternative and wondered if anyone else has tried something like this.

[​IMG]

Rideandrepair Thanks this.
  5. Intothesunset

Intothesunset Road Train Member

Apr 15, 2019
    truck
    Walking the dog will get you out of the truck, when you do not want to. If you can find a dog friendly carrier to hire you.

I would like to get a fat tire bike. For all year use. They range from 37 pound to 52 pounds .

6. steverino

steverino Bobtail Member

Nov 14, 2012
    There's a lot of great advice here. Keto, intermittent fasting, quick effective workouts... Drivers are getting more and more informed about health and fitness.

I'm a team driver and me and my partner drove 6,000 miles in 6 days last week and I still managed to drop an additional 2 lbs of fat on my keto+intermittent fasting plan. It's simply a matter of planning your meals, managing to workout while in your fasting window (I like to work about anywhere between 1-4 hours before eating), and being diligent.

I have my own thread here where I post my progress. Here's my latest post that has my stats thus far and when I 1st started so you don't have to read the whole thing:
    30+lbs to lose in 60 days while driving team

I hope this helps.

7. D.Tibbitt

D.Tibbitt Road Train Member

Apr 26, 2013
    Gettin' down westbound
    I saw this old guy at the petro outside of texarkana i think it was.. He was doing pushups outside his truck with dumbells. After he got done with pushups he would start lifting the dumbells then he went under his trailer and was doing pull ups using the cross members under his trailer. He was in great shape and looked to be about 60 years old or more.. Its entirely possible to stay in shapre. Do a couple laps around the truck stop every morning or night. That right there would probably be a couple miles by itself.

Rocks and Rideandrepair Thank this.
  8. Humblepie

Humblepie Pontificator

Dec 25, 2018
    First there is no petro in Texarkana. And second have you smelled the parking lot in a petro?

9. D.Tibbitt

D.Tibbitt Road Train Member

Apr 26, 2013
    Gettin' down westbound
    Lol it was quite some time ago my memory is foggy where it was at exactly..

Rideandrepair, tscottme and Humblepie Thank this.
  10. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    If I am near DC for the day, the truck gets parked and off to Metro Center we go (Subway) then walk through some of the museums etc.

Come to think on it I did a awful lot of local activities as well where possible.

11. tscottme

tscottme Road Train Member

The food you don't eat is weight you don't have to lose. Don't eat on a schedule and don't eat to find comfort. Eat to avoid starvation, being careful to eat protein so your body doesn't tear down the protein (heart & muscle) you do have. The feeling of hunger lessens over time, with the first 2-3 days being the worst. It's so easy to ADD 500-1,000 calories per day in just extras you never even think about. Burning off an extra 1,000 calories can take an hour or more of strenuous exercise. You can consume an extra 1,000 calories in 5 minutes. Keep your mouth shut and don't drink soft drinks, even diet soft drinks. IMO, diet soft drinks just keeps your body primed to want sweets. Drink water.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.