Time managment and the paperless system??

Discussion in 'Werner' started by scurvydog, Jan 21, 2010.

1. scurvydog

scurvydog Light Load Member

Apr 24, 2007
    Northwest Indiana
    Exactly! I really want to get in there and stay under the radar. Getting fired would probably keep me out of the industry for good. And right now, carpentry jobs dont exsist around here. Not looking to cheat anywhere.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. jemack1

jemack1 Bobtail Member

Jul 9, 2010
    I have read some bad things about the electronic logging system that Werner uses and I think that it's the way to go. No more having to draw lines or spending time doing math to find out how many hours you have left. If you need to know how many hours you have left on your 11,14, and 70 hour clock, all you need to do is send a Macro on the qualcomn and it will tell you. It's as simple as that. I've heard drivers complain about them, but the drivers that seem to dislike the system are quite frankly the ones who cheat their logs. It is much more difficult to cheat an e-log than it is a paper log. You have to make sure that you log legally when you work for Werner. Werner is very strict about this and if you have log violations, you will have to take a log class. Too many violations will result in termination from the company. Also, Werner will not try to force drivers to run illegally. When you go by a weigh station that has pre-pass, most of the time they will bypass you because they know that Werner has the e-log system and they know that the drivers can't cheat with the paperless logging system. In recent years, companies such as CR England, Schneider, and a few others have also starting utilizing this technology and I'm sure that eventually they will all use paperless logs.

4. bigtex07

bigtex07 Light Load Member

Feb 20, 2010
    Las Vegas,NV
    I was with Werner for a week before havin to take a leave of absense. The qualcoms are pretty confusing at first. But then again my trainer wasn't all that good. Just ha me drive and didn't really show me the ropes.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.