TMC,Maverick, or McElroy???

Discussion in 'TMC' started by Bamadrb, Nov 24, 2015.

1. Thunderhorse

Thunderhorse Bobtail Member

Dec 10, 2015
    Killeen tx
    Do you know what day you'lol be starting next month ? I finish school on the 23rd and got approved by both maverick and tmc. I think I'm going with tmc as well though.

Natethetrucker04 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Highway Sailor

Highway Sailor Road Train Member

Nov 23, 2011
    Erie,Pa.
    It's hard to say what you will be assigned once you complete your training. I think most of the time they will put you in a 379, or 389 for a period of time then move you into a 579. I have seen some new drivers come out with the 579. Be more concerned about your training for the 7 weeks and all will go well. No mater what truck they put you in It will be in good condition.

4. JMurphy1

JMurphy1 Light Load Member

May 3, 2015
    CT
    You won't be home every weekend, like you've been reporting while in the J.D. div
    As a brand new driver you will very likely get a 579 right out of the gate. I've been with the company 18 months can't get one for some reason.

5. Natethetrucker04

Natethetrucker04 Light Load Member

Nov 24, 2015
    DFW

Last edited: Dec 13, 2015
  6. TruckerVinny

TruckerVinny Medium Load Member

Dec 10, 2015
    Ohio
    Just graduated and looking at flatbed too. Thanks for all your posts to this question, they are helping me too. TMC is my top pick at this point for flatbed.

7. Thunderhorse

Thunderhorse Bobtail Member

Dec 10, 2015
    Killeen tx
    That's awesome, I'm looking to start early next month myself.

8. bigkev1115

bigkev1115 Road Train Member

Oct 23, 2009
    Alexandria, AL
    There are a lot of flatbed companies in and around Birmingham. You have P&S, Decker, Buddy Moore, Melton, Boyd/WTI, Hanna Truck Lines, and a few others that I can t think of

9. Da Beast

Da Beast Bobtail Member

Dec 21, 2015
    Bel air, MD
    Anybody working for TMC living on the East Coast. I'm in school here in MD and was seriously considering TMC. I wanted to hear from someone that lives close to me.

10. JMurphy1

JMurphy1 Light Load Member

May 3, 2015
    CT
    Da Beast,

I am currently running for TMC, and live on East coast, CT precisely. I stay out typically three weeks at a time, I seem to make a little bit more money that way.

I don't live anywhere near MD, but it is the East coast, plenty of freight in and out MD, three ago I was in MD for nearly an entire week. But also a lot of freight around you're area in the surrounding states.

Good luck.

11. Da Beast

Da Beast Bobtail Member

Dec 21, 2015
    Bel air, MD
    Thanks for the info! Man you are out there getting it! Three weeks out! At TMC they boast about trying to get drivers home most weekends. Does running that hard have a significant impact on your pay?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.