TMC publicly shaming its drivers.

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Rick11, Feb 2, 2020.

Is it ok for a trucking outfit to shame a driver who has an incident, by name and unit to the fleet?

1. Yes it is ok.

20.9%
  2. No it is not ok.

74.4%
  3. Dont know.

4.7%
  1. REO6205

REO6205 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Feb 15, 2014
    California.
    Praise in public, criticize in private. I think we learned that in what, second grade?
    If a company treats their drivers like errant children they can expect childish behavior in reply.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. skellr

skellr Road Train Member

Jul 17, 2011
    The Village, Portmeirion
    Sounds quite petty to me.

You hold me to that bar then you'd better not make a mistake yourself...

Lonesome, jeff18, Swine hauler and 2 others Thank this.
  4. PE_T

PE_T Road Train Member

I didn’t reply to the other things you mentioned because they don’t matter. You are here pretending to be Mr. Perfect, Mr. I’m-the-best, Mr. I-do-full-DOT-Inspections-everyday, and whatnot. The truth is that none of what you said can be verified. Anyone can say stuff over the Internet. Get off your high horse.

Lab work Thanks this.
  5. asphaltreptile311

asphaltreptile311 Road Train Member

Jun 16, 2016
    Have the driver wear a fleet clown cone hat

6. Long FLD

Long FLD Road Train Member

Mar 4, 2015
    Why would I lie about inspecting my truck? If something on it fails it’s on me. If I miss a delivery time and a plant shuts down it’s on me. Call it a high horse if you want. But the fact is I’m not out here hauling general freight and being late has consequences. I would imagine most people who haul any kind of JIT freight also make sure their trucks are fine. As I said, it’s in my best interest to ensure my truck is in proper order. You’re the one who said 99 out of 100 trucks wouldn’t pass inspection. I know what side of that line I’m on, and you never replied where you fall.

Lonesome Thanks this.
  7. Long FLD

Long FLD Road Train Member

Mar 4, 2015
    If having a nice, well maintained truck and trailer makes me ####y and on a high horse then so be it. I’m not going to apologize to anyone for what I have.

8. PE_T

PE_T Road Train Member

Good. Someone of such high caliber could come in handy in the mechanics forum. Hahaha.

9. D.Tibbitt

D.Tibbitt Road Train Member

Apr 26, 2013
    Gettin' down westbound
    Works both ways. When ur dispatcher fs up make sure to press reply all on the email or send company wide qualcomm and let them know how they fd up. To me that is disrespectful to put ur employee on blast like that, but had it done to me many times at other jobs so it aint nothing new. Truckin involves alot of f ups on both ends

10. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Reo, you may have forgotten one tiny third item.

"Question problems publicly to a entire room of drivers, any one of whom may have created said problem."

Example:

WHO DROPPED A TRAILER ON MY RESERVED PARKING SPOT?

The best spots would be the top suits that will have to walk a extra 60 feet to get in his own company door. =)

Otherwise the heart felt lesson of public and private is very well recieved.

Lab work Thanks this.
  11. Lab work

Lab work Medium Load Member

Apr 20, 2018
    USA
    One day the first Sgt. told the young private to stand in front of the formation so he could humiliate him in front of everyone. The next day the first Sgt. had to deal with a dead soldier.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.