TMC screwed me over!

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Louisianlibertarian, May 4, 2021.

1. GYPSY65

GYPSY65 Road Train Member

Nov 16, 2012
    SW FLA
    I would make sure something didn’t get entered wrong

It’s risky for a previous company to say anything bad
    When I had multiple drivers I would skirt around bad driver issues by saying, I need drivers and so and so no longer works here and I wouldn’t bring him back
    And let the new place make their own decision
    TMC is like the marines and from what I’ve heard by the book so I doubt they’d want any bad press

Last edited: May 5, 2021
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    i have read way too many job loss and no jobs to be found threads, with out being jaded.

there are 3 sides to every story,

1) your side

2) thier side

3) the truth........

i'd suggest you order up your DAC report, even IF TMC does not use that service. read about anything wrong, and send in your side of the story.

also, contact the company TMC uses, and ask for your report, and enter your side of the story with them as well.

you should find work, it just may be a timing issue right now that you are being denied.

truckguy391 and GYPSY65 Thank this.
  4. REO6205

REO6205 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Feb 15, 2014
    California.
    There are a lot of things a prospective employer isn't allowed to ask when checking references with a previous employer. There are laws pertaining to that.
    That being said, there are certain ways you can ask a question that will open the door to a more productive and honest answer and a good HR person knows them all.
    My favorite is to ask if, everything being equal and knowing what they know now about the person, would they hire him.
    The best response I got to that was "Hire him? Not even in a parallel universe!"
    Another good one was from a HR manager that I used to work with. He was interviewing a guy we fired for stealing. The ex employee tried to claim that the cases of oil and tires he stole were just "extra and unneeded equipment" and we shouldn't have called the cops on him. The six months he spent in jail was because the courts were crooked and his girl friend getting busted for trying to smuggle drugs into the jail was a set-up.
    The HR man....."Terry, why do you hate me?" As soon as I got through laughing I promised to buy him lunch to make up for the ordeal.
    And no, he didn't get the job. Last we heard he was moving to Texas with the rest of California's rejects.

truckguy391, Lonesome and buddyd157 Thank this.
  5. Last Call

Last Call Road Train Member

Mar 15, 2021
    As Paul Harvey use to say.... And now for the rest of the story...

6. Espressolane

Espressolane Road Train Member

Nov 21, 2009
    Just south of the north 40
    Have to call BS here. TMC, like a number of companies use a third party software provider for applications and employment documentation.
    Any company request for prior employment would be directed to that provider. They do only report what the employer reports in the system used. The only way to know what is in that report is to obtain one. They can’t refuse you information about you.

HiramKingWilliams and ZVar Thank this.
  7. Frank Speak

Frank Speak Road Train Member

May 3, 2016
    I heard from a “friend” TMC has their own HAM radio that they use to spread vicious rumors all over the world about former employees they don’t like.

8. buddyd157

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    i had a home made "egg mc muffin" this morning, the ingredients were, english muffin, egg, and....ham....

we had baked ham for supper last night.

this afternoon, we had ham salad

for the life of God, and all that's frigging holy....

ENOUGH with the word HAM...!!!!!!!!!!

9. bryan21384

bryan21384 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    Mmmmmmm..HAM........in my Homer Simpson voice

10. buddyd157

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    [​IMG]

Speed_Drums, mjd4277 and bryan21384 Thank this.
  11. Frank Speak

Frank Speak Road Train Member

May 3, 2016
    If you didn’t have a little apple butter on your homemade McMuffin, it wasn’t all it could’ve been, just sayin’....

Speed_Drums and Lonesome Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.