To keep moral up..

Discussion in 'Wal-Mart' started by WallyDriver06, May 12, 2018.

1. Coover

Coover Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2016
    From what I heard, CH pays 43cpm, wintersville pays 50.5 CPM, and some of the tenure SNI guys do get weekends off, except capacity/holiday

06driver Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. MilkyJay

MilkyJay Road Train Member

Jan 26, 2015
    Everywhere you want to be
    If you are netting over 80k yearly and like where you are, why would you give that up to begin with? These changes have been in the making for a while now so i don't understand why you would be going through the hiring process if this place is "Just another place to drive ."

06driver Thanks this.
  4. Coover

Coover Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2016
    It's the pile on mentality, suddenly every outside carrier, dedicated, and "Former" private fleet drivers know more than the poor saps that still work here.

I had a swiftie tell me he makes more than private fleet drivers, I just smile and say bless your heart.

Also had a JB fleece driver told me he cleared $165K last year. I just said wow datz cool bro

5. MilkyJay

Jan 26, 2015
    He cleared 165k and enjoy tax time quarterly and giving back that money to keep the truck moving. I've done the fleece deal. Glad i walked away after a year. Only way to enjoy the money truly is not having a truck payment. In my opinion.

Coover Thanks this.
  6. joesmoothdog

joesmoothdog Heavy Load Member

Aug 5, 2013
    OTR
    Most of these mooks don't know the dif between Wally ded and Wally hauling the high dollar merch. The guys who haul food work for contracted megas. The guys who haul the TVs work for Wally. Unless I'm misinformed it's still tough to get a Walmart on the side of your tractor.

MilkyJay and Coover Thank this.
  7. MilkyJay

Jan 26, 2015
    Although i transferred to 6858 and now only haul perishables. I'm just glad they hired 6 guys to kick out the dedicated help they temporarily needed. Gtm said there is no future with dedicated running here. About 50 of us here and most of the guys have 20+ years here. They aren't worried unlike the guys in woodland.

06driver Thanks this.
  8. 06driver

06driver Road Train Member

May 28, 2017
    Glad to hear you guys are staying. Wish they would have switched 6862 before Greg S showed up. Never going to happen while he is here :(

9. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    I want some of what he must’ve been smoking.

Coover and MilkyJay Thank this.
  10. spyder7723

spyder7723 Road Train Member

Mar 31, 2013
    sarasota, fl
    Most publix drivers are off weekends. And they have better pay than Wal-Mart ever had. However getting hired as a driver is near impossible. They prefer to groom their own employees from entry level positions and train them right instead of hiring guts that have already developed bad habits. The exception to this is when they open up in a new area.

11. MilkyJay

Jan 26, 2015
    I don't know their exact pay details nor do i care, but if the information on the swift walmart dedicated thread is anywhere near accurate, i guess that guy dreams a whole lot.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.