Trailer stuck a receiver for 3 weeks!

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by AMGE, Nov 28, 2022.

1. Judge

Judge Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2014
    Arkansas
    $600/day trailer storage fee.

Simple.
    They don’t set rates, for your trailer to ge kept, you do.

They’re acting as if they’re renting a trailer for storage as that is about $100/week for an old junker storage trailer.

Badmon, tscottme and Grumppy Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. SteveScott

SteveScott Road Train Member

Nov 10, 2015
    First mistake was leaving your trailers at a shipper. I never left a facility without my trailer. Why the heck would I leave my expensive investment with somebody else? You think they would admit damaging it or care about my schedule? Any load that required I un-hook and leave my equipment was a load I wouldn't take.

4. SmoothBore

SmoothBore Medium Load Member

Jun 8, 2011
    The Desert

Anyone with “6969” in their username that is over 22-23 has zero validity.

5. exhausted379

exhausted379 Road Train Member

Dec 1, 2013
    I think it's a troll post. Nobody can be that foolish.

6. gentleroger

gentleroger Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2010
    Yes they can.

Imagine a small carrier (15-30 trucks) trying to get into drop and hook loads. They build a route that will get them back to customer a week later just to find the first trailer hasn't been unloaded. Not the end of the world, next week the 2nd trailer has been unloaded, but the first hasn't moved. Week after trailer #3 is empty, but #1 still hasn't been touched. Next week both 1 and 4 are still loaded - etc, etc, etc.

We had a dedicated customer who had a customer that had 128 of our trailers loaded on their property. They were supposed to have 15. It took almost shutting down their plant before they started releasing our trailers so we could reload them with their raw materials.

Savor the Flavor and Siinman Thank this.
  7. Kshaw0960

Kshaw0960 Road Train Member

Jun 17, 2018
    I used to work in the office for a trucking company dedicated to a package supplier. 3 hours every single day I spent on a trailer master list and where are they. Every, single, day, 3 hours. I hated that job.

gentleroger Thanks this.
  8. kylefitzy

kylefitzy Road Train Member

Aug 12, 2007
    Kansas city,Mo
    I bet y’all didn’t know you were going to be part of their new warehouse expansion plan.

gentleroger Thanks this.
  9. gentleroger

Jun 1, 2010
    When I explain our "box planner" role to new drivers I tell them it's like playing chess in a room lit by strobe lights with an opponent that's cheating and someone smacks you in the back of the head every couple of minutes.

YardMule89 Thanks this.
  10. gentleroger

Jun 1, 2010
    One of the funnier parts is one of their security managers emailed the POC for general freight telling us we were no longer allowed to bobtail out as they had too many trailers on the property while their shipping manager (located in a different state) was contacting the CSR to stop guys from bobtailing in for loads as they didn't have any empties to load.

REO6205 and kylefitzy Thank this.
  11. Jacoooooooo

Jacoooooooo Heavy Load Member

Oct 20, 2013
    I hope you get your trailers back buddy.
    Set them an ultimatum, tell that you are rolling in with Police to recover your equipment the next day if it’s not released. Hopefully you won’t have to actually do it.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.