trailer washout

Discussion in 'Refrigerated Trucking Forum' started by rollin coal, Mar 8, 2017.

1. BQ Truck Driver

BQ Truck Driver Light Load Member

Mar 10, 2017
    Buy yourself a broom at any truck stop for about 20 bucks, a bungee cord for 3 and strap it to back of truck....Now you have a without with you at all times. Have to do a tad bit of work but most drivers could use the exercise.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. BQ Truck Driver

BQ Truck Driver Light Load Member

Mar 10, 2017
  4. LandslideRich

LandslideRich Light Load Member

Jan 13, 2017
    Charlotte, NC
    Aparently you've never hauled a load of chicken or fresh seafood. Or a load of eggs for that matter where you have to provide a receipt for both an interior and exterior trailer wash before they will load you.

5. DUNE-T

DUNE-T Road Train Member

May 10, 2015
    Detroit, MI
  6. rollin coal

rollin coal Road Train Member

Mar 29, 2008
    TN
    What LandslideRich said... this is not a dry van and I am not one of those drivers in need of a little exercise. I carry a good broom and a Dewalt cordless leaf blower and keep my trailer free of trash and debris between every load.

Speaking of which, how many of you guys are certified for the new FDA regs concerning trailer washouts of your reefer before moving a load? Small carriers technically have until April 2018 to be in compliance with the reg. Compliance starts for larger carriers next month. I am reading articles that brokers and shippers will be enforcing it on everyone in April 2017 regardless. Just heard about Coyote telling a one truck guy about that this morning.

7. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    That's an entirely different kind of freight, You have to do a washout otherwise the next customer will reject you.I think he's talking about dry freight like paper,pallets ect.

8. LandslideRich

LandslideRich Light Load Member

Jan 13, 2017
    Charlotte, NC
    Perhaps he was, but the OP is a reefer hauler looking for a place to get his trailer washed out. Been There/Done That. He wasn't looking for a lecture about being lazy or out of shape.

9. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    I didn't see it as a lecture but more like a way to save money and time if you can.I know there's been times I hated doing a washout but I know most the time reefer has to washout unless your load was a dry load.Its still a good idea to have a pushbroom with you.

10. rollin coal

rollin coal Road Train Member

Mar 29, 2008
    TN
    I'll be honest I haven't washed mine out in at least 3 months. And the company I am leased to pays for trailer washouts. I just don't see the point because I'm not hauling anything "juicy" or nasty. The worst I have to deal with is broken pieces of pallet, small pieces of paper, or shrinkwrap. These new FDA washout rules are ridiculous and unnecessary cost burden.

pattyj Thanks this.
  11. BoostedTeg

BoostedTeg Road Train Member

Jun 2, 2008
    Boise ID
    What's this new FDA rule about trailer wash outs? This is the first time I'm hearing about it.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.