Training starting 1 25 2016

Discussion in 'TMC' started by Kansasboy, Jan 24, 2016.

1. Kansasboy

Kansasboy Light Load Member

Dec 15, 2015
    Good evening, well after an uneventful day i am here at the baymont getting ready to head to bed so can start this adventure tommorow. I figured i would start this thread so any new guys want to know how it is i will give a daily report. As far as me i am starting from the ground. I start working on my cdl tommorow aftef all the physicals and so fourth. So i will have alot of good info to pass. Stand by tommorow for day 1.

TB John Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. TruckerVinny

TruckerVinny Medium Load Member

Dec 10, 2015
    Ohio
    Good luck man! I'll be in Indy tomorrow to start my orange adventure.

4. Kansasboy

Dec 15, 2015
    Day 1.
    Well i made it through day 1 alive lol, wasnt to bad once we got there. Morning started of by hotel breakfast which wasnt that bad. The hotel itself is nice. Then 645 we got on the bus headed to tmc. Once we got there we mustered in the classroom and met the instructor's. They dont seem. Bad a little hard but i that is yomsee what people are made of. So we filled out a bunch of paperwork. While filling the paperwork out they would take us by groups down the street to do physicals and drug screen. Wasnt too bad at least no finget in the butt lmao. Once done with that which took mosy of the morning we headed to back to the yard to do the tarp test. This is what ibwas dreading the most because i didnt know what to expect. Well i passed it. We didnt have anyone in our class get dropped for that. Dont get me wrong it was a challange but the way i see it is if u really want to be here then u will pass this test. So after that we went had lunch tmc provided. Dam they give they give u alot of food. Its not like u here everywhere else where they order 2 large pizzas for a class of 40 and tell u to split it lol. It was actual cooked food. Chicken fried steak to be exact. Then after lunch headed back to classroom more computer time then left for the day at 330. Started snowing pretty bad yesterday as well. So overall a good day. My nerves are little better now lol. Well as inwrite this i am on the bus headed for day 2. Iam in the cdl program so i have to gonget my permit test today. I recommend anyone who is considering a company sponsored cdl to come here. Its not ur typical. 160 class. U will get well more than that drive time, u are training right on equipment you will use on a daily basis. The total program is only 3 weeks, that inculdes securment traing and orientation as well. So instead of going to private school for 5 weeks yhen come tmc for 2 weeks ive only added one extra week to regular program which u cant beat. Also god forbid something happen ubare rrquired to sign a 1 year contract with tmc for going tonyhe school. But if for some reason u dont make it the year ur payback is 2800 prorated for however long u did work. I noticed the megas will charge upwards of 5 to 9k if u dont complete the year.and thats if u do one day or have 5 days lefy on ur contract u owe the whole amount. Tmc is looking like it will be a hine for me for awhile. Dony think i could have picked a better company to work for espically just starting out as well. . Well stay posted for how day 2 goes

5. *Five-0*

*Five-0* Light Load Member

Jun 21, 2014
    Hey...I'm over here!
    How did you hear about their CDL program? TMC's website doesn't mention anything of it.

6. Karl_marx

Karl_marx Bobtail Member

Jan 16, 2016
    Ur in 4 a rude awakening

7. Kansasboy

Dec 15, 2015
    Lol why j say that

8. Karl_marx

Karl_marx Bobtail Member

Jan 16, 2016
    Once u done with 5 weeks out wit ur trainer, being solo, is rough at first...mostly because now u only have ur log book, not two (yours and your trainer). Which means time is everything. Spend a minute too long here, you will pay down the road.... Also waiting a hell hole places to get loaded.

I'm in my 4th week solo. Good luck man to ya

9. Highway Sailor

Highway Sailor Road Train Member

Nov 23, 2011
    Erie,Pa.
    Once again I agree with Mr. Marx.....Anything you do will be by your self. Being with a trainer seems so easy, but that's you making it easy. If something took you and the trainer an hour count on it taking 2 hours by yourself. The trainer knows all the ins and outs with the shippers/ receivers , routes and parking. ALL things you will have to learn. While your with your trainer learn all you can. The day they put you in your own truck is the day everything changes.

10. Toona67

Toona67 Light Load Member

Oct 23, 2015
    I concur with both Karl and Highway on this matter. By yourself will be a bit of an awakening for you. Time management is everything and securing and tarping yourself is easily double the time it took during training. Take advantage of the minimum salary per week provided, take your time, get a system in place, and build up slowly at it. Going fast and killing yourself, even a young guy, will make your job frustrating and stressful. Do your best but do not get to the point where you are stressed so bad that you are freaking out.

Highway Sailor Thanks this.
  11. Puppage

Puppage Road Train Member

Aug 2, 2012
    Connecticut
    So, how's it going? You going okay?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.