Transfix broker

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by Neverquittrucking228, Oct 7, 2022.

1. Neverquittrucking228

Neverquittrucking228 Light Load Member

Feb 23, 2021
    Hello guys I picked up a load from St. Peters,MO going to Houston,TX on Monday I had an appointment at 10:30 I arrived to the guard shack at 10:43 & checked in then when to the back office to finish the process & get a door. So I ended up waiting 6 hrs to get loaded & therefore didn’t have enough time on my clock to make my delivery appointment going to Kroger so I told him to reschedule which he did but the earlier they could get me in was Thursday at 11:00pm therefore I missed 2 days of work plus 6 hrs of detention & didn't get paid for any of it besides the rate for the load. I’m pissed & I’ll never run another load for these bum ##* companies. Just want to give you guys a heads up bc it’s rough out here & every dollar counts! Stay safe

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Judge

Judge Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2014
    Newport, Ar
    You missed your appointment.
    If you miss appointments you won’t get paid because you’re late.
    Your lucky they didn’t reschedule for next week.

4. Long FLD

Long FLD Road Train Member

Mar 4, 2015
    I guess the lesson here is to not be late for your loading appointment.

5. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    Has to be a troll thread.

RefMata and ProfessionalNoticer Thank this.
  6. wichris

wichris Road Train Member

Jan 17, 2011
    You'd be surprised how many want "detention" when they show up late and are a work in.

7. Short Fuse EOD

Short Fuse EOD Road Train Member

Jul 29, 2015
    Midwest
    You had a service failure. Broker should have charged you for breach of agreement. Y’all, are make things easy for me. No competition out there!

RefMata Thanks this.
  8. peabody747

peabody747 Light Load Member

Jan 1, 2022
    13 minutes late shouldn't make for 6 hour load time. this isn't on the broker though for sure. ####ty warehouse maybe but I'll continue to say appointments should only be for doctors. I wouldn't book loads if I didn't have room for time mistakes

9. Long FLD

Long FLD Road Train Member

Mar 4, 2015
    Late means you usually get bumped to the back of the line.

Anytime I’m cutting it close for a pickup or delivery I will usually call the place I’m going and ask how strict they are and then let them know my eta. Sometimes it’s as simple as the 11:00 appointment is there and checked in and can get loaded before you show up late for your 10:30 had you called and spoken to someone.

10. Dino soar

Dino soar Road Train Member

Dec 8, 2017
    I'm not knocking you.

I don't know anything about why you weren't there earlier or whatever valid or invalid reasons there are whatever I don't know.

I can only tell you that a 10:30 appointment means that you are there and on the premises and in the office and backed into the door by 10:25. In other words you are there early enough to get in and get past security and get checked in and whatever else you have to do and get backed into the door by 10:25.

Even if you arrived at 10:00, there are some places that you can't even get in there for 30 minutes. Some places have a line that if you get there 15 minutes before your appointment you're going to be 15 minutes late or however long.

I think it's best to arrive at least one hour early. If they won't let you in right away you are not going to wait that long. Most places will allow you on the premises within 2 hours of your appointment.

All of that is on the carrier. Again I'm not knocking you I don't know what the circumstances were I'm just saying that it's the carriers responsibility to be there early enough that they can get in and be on time.

That right there is the thing that gives any carrier the best leg that they can stand on. "No I was here I was not only on time I was early and in the door before the appointment time."

Just imagine you're in a warehouse and every truck comes on time and everyone steadily works from one truck to the next to the next to the next. Then here comes the truck that's a half an hour late. And here comes the truck that was due on that half an hour and here comes the truck that was due on the next half an hour so in you being late you have to wait until they can get to you.

The other part of that is that by being late you forfeit any detention that you could possibly get. They know that. So they're not going to be late unloading other trucks to work your truck in so they pay someone else detention, they're going to get everyone else unloaded and then unload you however whenever they can whether that's one pallet every half an hour or whatever it is.

I don't know what kind of freight you're hauling but places that have appointment times like that you don't want to be late. Being a half an hour late can throw their production off and being a half an hour late makes you a work in. I get you pulled in at 10:43 but by the time you check in with the guard then check in to the office and then get backed in yeah, you're a minimum of half an hour late maybe 45 minutes or more, depending on the place. And of course the one day that you're running late is the day that you park your truck and walk into the driver's office and the place is packed and you're directly behind the big fat smelly stinky guy from Serbia that hasn't bathed in the last 6 weeks and you'll have to sit there behind that stink for 1/2 hr just to be able to get assigned a door.

Yes that really did happen and when he walked out of that driver's area finally the place reeked! Please whoever's out there take a bath it's okay get clean spend $15 it's all right.

But as far as your situation, you always have to do your best not to be late because once you are late unfortunately it's on you whether it's 15 minutes or half an hour or whatever it is.

Sadly, 15 minutes is going to cost you way more than it's worth. In this case that 15 minutes cost you 6 hours of free time.

RefMata Thanks this.
  11. Allow Me.

Allow Me. Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

May 28, 2009
    Rancho Mirage, Ca.
    So you're finding out it's not a perfect world out there..........Oh well, grab another load and get on down the highway :biggrin_25523:

REO6205 and RefMata Thank this.
  12. bad-luck

bad-luck Road Train Member

Nov 16, 2013
    Baltimore, Maryland
    I know it sucks, but you were late if only by a few minutes. And when your late you are a work in unfortunately.

Dino soar and RefMata Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.