Truck abandonment? Help!

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by TruckingSexy, Jun 5, 2018.

1. drvrtech77

drvrtech77 Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2010
    What company is this?

Rocknroller4 and Vic Firth Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. tow614

tow614 Road Train Member

Mar 18, 2013
    Nope

4. StrokerTSi

StrokerTSi Medium Load Member

Aug 28, 2016
    I would have just scheduled home time and been "oh by the way we cleaned out the truck and we're resigning". Never show your hand to early.

okiedokie Thanks this.
  5. UsualSuspect

UsualSuspect Road Train Member

Aug 14, 2016
    Yo Mama's
    When I left the mega I was working for, sent a QC message to my FM, told him what date would be my last, which was 2 weeks later. He replied I would be routed back to the terminal, and asked if he could call me. He called me, told me my second to the last dispatch would be to a location near my house in case I wanted to clean anything out, and I would then get a load to the terminal. He did what he said he would, and he ran me the same as he always had. I just pulled my DAC, states I am eligible for rehire. He sent me an email last week, let me know I was welcome to come back, and he would make sure I was on his board, all I had to do was call and let him know.
    I don't know why all partings can't be amicable, don't companies get that if your new job doesn't work out, they need to fill seats and you may just consider going back.

6. Rocknroller4

Rocknroller4 Road Train Member

Nov 25, 2015
    Would be curious to know what company too that way I can avoid.

7. sevenmph

sevenmph Road Train Member

Jan 26, 2007
    Pinellas county Florida
    Why do I have a feeling them staying will be fine for about 6 months then they will face the same ol problems? Oh yeah, because it's a mega.

KillingTime Thanks this.
  8. TruckingSexy

TruckingSexy Light Load Member

Nov 2, 2017
    Nope. And now we are just having more problems with the company. Should have went we we had the chance

9. TruckingSexy

TruckingSexy Light Load Member

Nov 2, 2017
    Didn’t even last 6 months! I am pissed!

sevenmph Thanks this.
  10. drvrtech77

drvrtech77 Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2010
    Lesson about megas...NEVER TRUST THEM...they will screw you fast...always look out for yourself

11. dogg boi

dogg boi Bobtail Member

Nov 1, 2012
    You and your husband aren't cut out for this - everything will probably go badly quickly from here on out while you both will continue to test the definition of insanity. I knew a couple similar to you both, probably a bit older.

Back during the big downturn in 2008, they both lost their jobs and fell for the trucking 'lies'. Neither had a lick of trucking experience and went through a mega to get their CDLs. Long story short: they filed for bankruptcy and basically lost everything. She gave up her CDL and got a temp job at a local factory, after battling some serious health issues.

He changed jobs several times and ended up with us and me as his 'trainer'. Likeable, great guy but not 'trucking material' - we had to let him go. He changed jobs several more times and got lucky and landed with a IBT represented, well known national tanker outfit. They knew his history and were willing to give him a chance. Sadly, he became 'distracted' while on a trip and wrecked his rig (single vehicle accident) and he got banged up pretty good. A number of other 'incidents' happened prior to this - surprised they kept him as long as they did.

After he healed, the company turned him loose and the IBT stated there was nothing they could do for him. His wife left him, I changed phones (and number) and lost his number. He would be well past retirement age now - wishing I could speak to him and find out how he's doing. He worked for more than 3 decades in the home construction business and stated it was completely dead in his area after GM closed a major plant along with the resulting 'domino effect'.

Really, find something else to do.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.