Truck driver complaint

Discussion in 'Wal-Mart' started by Dali, Nov 28, 2016.

1. Old school 362

Old school 362 Medium Load Member

Mar 6, 2016
    Pensacola Fl
    I love pop corn lots of butter an a dash of salt.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. supersnackbar

supersnackbar Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    Try Parmesan cheese...mmmmmmm

interpreter Thanks this.
  4. BackIsSore

BackIsSore Road Train Member

Oct 18, 2008
    USA
    This was all made up, wm trucks don't have any power to overtake someone.

Bo Hunt Thanks this.
  5. WallyWife

WallyWife Medium Load Member

Sep 8, 2014
    This would not happen in a Walmart truck. The On Guard / or the Wingman would slam on the brakes well before the tractor was inches from another vehicle. (Disclaimer, I am not 100% sure on this, as my husband just said he is not out there tailgating people to find out ) Also, like others have said, WM trucks are not powerful and they are not fast. They don't quickly do anything.

Civilian drivers expect big trucks to react like cars in both acceleration and braking. Chances are, there is more to this story than is being told. Situations like this usually include the truck driver being cut off.............. with the driver still being blamed since the driving public hates big trucks. It is not a truck drivers responsibility to slam on the brakes to let someone who forgot where they are going, get in their lane. It is the responsibility of the person changing lanes to merge safely. If that means them slowing down (much easier than a big truck) and getting in behind, so be it.

6. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    That would be because it is the professional's job to inconvenience himself at all times for the sake of anyone inconsiderate enough to want to nose in front of him.:rolleyes:

That said, in this scenario as the OP laid out, fault lies with BOTH parties, not just the truck driver as some people apparently want to think.

7. XFM2013

XFM2013 Light Load Member

Sep 2, 2014
    Bucyrus, OH
    oh my.....a bit extreme eh??....................lol

not4hire Thanks this.
  8. Georgeg144

Georgeg144 Bobtail Member

Jan 8, 2017

Who wants to act like a walmart employee? I dont want to get paid 10 an hour

9. joesmoothdog

joesmoothdog Heavy Load Member

Aug 5, 2013
    OTR
    Did he have his/her lights on for safety?

10. JReding

JReding Road Train Member

Sep 8, 2014
    Puyallup, WA
    "Walmart is very direct with their current salary numbers and states that a first-year driver working 5.5 days per week earns, on average, $82,000 per year. These figures will obviously change depending on location.

Further salary statistics based off of input from 8 employees state that Walmart trucking jobs pay a salary that is 61% higher than the current national average.

Based off of real statistics, salary is:

• $79,994 on average
    • $81,707 with total compensation
    Cash bonuses per year are between $3,000 and $4,000. Profit sharing is also provided, with an average profit sharing of $1,698."
    (truckdriversalary.com)

11. $16 Chauffeurs Lic

$16 Chauffeurs Lic Light Load Member

Dec 27, 2016
    my last 2 trucks were triple digit but I ran mostly about 65, grossing well over 100,000lbs it made life real stress free nothing like turning off the CB crank up some good tunes, going slow gives you more time to check out the sights along the way too

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.