Trucker files request for personal exemption from HOS rules

Discussion in 'Trucking Industry Regulations' started by Val_Caldera, Jun 9, 2022.

1. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

2. Long FLD

Long FLD Road Train Member

Mar 4, 2015
    I think he had a pretty neat idea to do that. But I’m also amazed by how many people think 10 hours off means you have to sleep for the 10 hours.

3. Dave1837

Dave1837 Road Train Member

Nov 16, 2019
    Pennsylvania
    I'd love it if I didn't have to take a full 10. I sleep 3-5 hrs max on my 10 off. Those other 5-7 hours of boredom is hell. By the time my clock resets I'm tired again from being so bored LOL

4. Long FLD

Long FLD Road Train Member

Mar 4, 2015
    When my truck is clean it takes me about 45 minutes to wipe the bugs off the front, wipe the cab down, clean the wheels, and wipe down the tires. I take my dog out and let her run for upwards of an hour if we find a nice grassy area, otherwise it’s just a shorter walk. Then about an hour is spent going inside and showering. 30 minutes or so to fix something to eat in the truck. 3 or 4 hours are easily killed spent doing things outside and showering and eating before bed. It’s just that many drivers don’t want to leave the cab of their truck once they set the brakes for the day.

Blue jeans, Badmon, InTooDeep and 5 others Thank this.
  5. Trucking w the Schmitts

Trucking w the Schmitts Bobtail Member

Jun 20, 2022
    We need to get it granted first. Please comment on the public docket.

6. Trucking w the Schmitts

Trucking w the Schmitts Bobtail Member

Jun 20, 2022
    You actually have to file for an exemption. They don't have to give it to everyone.

7. MacLean

MacLean Road Train Member

Sep 12, 2017
    I hope he gets it. I think 6-8 hours off is more than enough. And 36 hour reset is just insane. I hope he sets a precedent.

8. tarmadilo

tarmadilo Road Train Member

Dec 12, 2018
    I frequently take advantage of the split sleeper rules. Right now I’m getting loaded (trailer, not beer, darn it!) and have been off duty for over two hours. I don’t have to go very far, so taking an 8 hour (or at the rate that they’re loading, maybe even a 7 hour) break to sleep will work out just fine.

9. nikmirbre

nikmirbre Road Train Member

Jul 27, 2011
    High Point NC
    You're right 36 hours is crazy.......I now grant all drivers 34 hour resets!!!!!! :D:):D

10. Another Canadian driver

Another Canadian driver Road Train Member

Nov 14, 2021
    ALBERTA
    The reward exist.
    And it's called employment.
    As oppose to unemployment.
    I'm in the middle of it and I hate it every day.
    Believe me it's not fun.

nikmirbre Thanks this.
  11. MacLean

MacLean Road Train Member

Sep 12, 2017
    If a guy runs provincial in Alberta you can work up to 15 hours a day with 13 hours driving and no reset needed. Although I as told hauling TDG / Hazmat requires a reset but I haven’t confirmed it. But regardless you don’t see more accidents in Alberta compared to the rest of the country.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.