TRUCKERS; ' How do you spend your 34 hrs?'

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by tman78, Jul 5, 2018.

1. Dumdriver

Dumdriver Road Train Member

Jul 8, 2014
    East Coast

You know what the dirtiest words on tv are, right?

“Ward, you were a little rough on The Beaver last night”
    ;-)

STexan and IluvCATS Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. tman78

tman78 Medium Load Member

Jul 2, 2014
    You must have a local job.

Wargames Thanks this.
  4. Wargames

Wargames Captain Crusty

Jul 22, 2010
    WI.
    I didn't think there was any other way. Im not living in a truck. Add up all the hours your in a truck, sleeping or not, your not home, adding up all the hours, less than minimum wages. a lot less. but we all have choices, I choose to get paid for my time in the truck, not sleeping in one.

tman78, already gone and Dumdriver Thank this.
  5. spyder7723

spyder7723 Road Train Member

Mar 31, 2013
    sarasota, fl
    That's like saying an airline pilot doesn't get paid for his time cause he checks in to a hotel befire his return flight. Or how about construction crews and engineers? Doctors during their internship? Etc etc etc.

6. Wargames

Wargames Captain Crusty

Jul 22, 2010
    WI.
    airline pilots make mucho money, construction workers, mucho money, doctor interns, MUCHO MUNEY

tman78 Thanks this.
  7. Wargames

Wargames Captain Crusty

Jul 22, 2010
    WI.
    you want to live in a truck 24/7 go ahead, today I had a lot of yard work to do, GOT R DONE, right now sitting in my lazy boy, another half hour, headed up to me Sterns and Foster mattress where momma is waiting. NIGHTY NIGHT

tman78 Thanks this.
  8. tucker

tucker Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2008
    IN
    some of the airline pilots make lesso lesso money than you'd think. Plus interns intern

TIMPTE 527 and spyder7723 Thank this.
  9. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    Construction workers too...

When I left the building trades in 2001 average wage ranged from between $12-15 an hour, depending on the trade. Now it’s only up to around $18-21.

This driver makes well beyond that.

spyder7723 and tucker Thank this.
  10. scottied67

scottied67 Road Train Member

Mar 14, 2010
    california norte
    With the new personal conveyance relaxation, you could move your truck during your 34 to go exploring things. I'm thinking of doing it myself.

At the TA/Petro, used to be if you hit the $50 dollar threshold for shop work you could score a shower credit on your UltraOne card. Then they raised it up to $300 bucks. Well, I just bought an $1100 dollar supersingle, they told me wait 24 hours. It's been about 39 hours and the kiosk still shows 0 shower credits. This happened last time too when I got a $350 oil change service, no shower credit. So it appears they are only doing showers for the 60 gallon fuel purchases.

Today is Sunday, so nothing popping up for freight, got my 70 available, reefer washed out ready to go, I am not in the mood to pay $14 bucks for a shower again today when I have 8 shower credits at the Pilot just down the road a few miles. Plus there might be something interesting to stop at and explore on my time off, all Off Duty Driving since I am not under a dispatch.

Odin's Rabid Dog Thanks this.
  11. tman78

tman78 Medium Load Member

Jul 2, 2014
    Comparing the lifestyle of Airline Pilots to an OTR Trucker?

Bahahahaa!

Lets see,...pilots basically, don't WORK. They get a HIGH SALARY. They handle take-off's and landings, but in between (unless rough weather cases), they don't do much. Hang-out in the Cabin, read, ####-chat with their co-pilot, flirt with Stewardess, land and then check into hotel and go out to diner. Go back to their hotel rooms and watch TV. Where's the pressure? NO WORK involved. And many of them, get a pension.

Airline Pilots vs an OTR Trucker????

I don't know 'how you guys got into this convo' but this is FUNNY!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.