Tucker Freight Lines. Dubuque

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Llwl, Feb 18, 2021.

1. Llwl

Llwl Bobtail Member

Feb 18, 2021
    Don't go to this company unless you want to get screwed royally, lied to, broken promises, forcing you to drive in bad weather, threatening you with your job if you don't drive. Company is owned by AJ Tucker who once was at Hirschbach. He drove tons of drivers out the door when he was there and he's doing the same thing with his own company it is a total revolving door company do not waste your time.

Search for AJ Tucker on this forum and you will see what I am talking about. Drivers be warned

If you quit they will strand you no matter where you are and tell you to find your own way home they will hold your paycheck and take every last cent out of it they can there is a skim operation going on. In the three months I work there my paycheck was never correct

Last edited: Feb 18, 2021
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. TB John

TB John Company Shill of BYOB & CBD

Dec 28, 2008
    While I don't doubt everything you say is a fact, and it sounds like you were treated poorly, there really isn't a whole lot on here about Tucker Freight Lines. I did a search on TTR for AJ Tucker like you suggested and really the only thing about him was some vague reference to him and some shakeup at Hirschbach like 10 years ago. I'm not exactly sure what conclusion we can draw from the information available.

I hope everything works out for you going forwards and you can put this unpleasant experience behind you.

4. Goldenfan

Goldenfan Heavy Load Member

Apr 8, 2013
    WI
    I haven't heard anything about Tucker but I know Tucker bought out Art Pape transfer in Dubuque in 2018. Pape seemed to have a good name and a lot of long time drivers from what I heard. Are many of them still there or did most move on? That could be a sign of what kind of company Tucker is.

Lonesome Thanks this.
  5. bigblue19

bigblue19 Road Train Member

Mar 30, 2007
    Midland WA
    If you quit they will strand you no matter where you are and tell you to find your own way home
    If I quit my daycab job the company ain't gonna call me a cab to get home. You find out in orientation the procedure for quitting which usually means getting the equipment to where it can be reseated & or serviced.
    So best to quit when at home or the terminal .
    Don't go to this company unless you want to get screwed royally, lied to, broken promises,
    Hate to tell you but if your working as a company driver for cpm your getting screwed royally everytime you run a load. No offense, I took it in the shorts for over 2 decades but 3yrs ago I went local & make more money working less hours. That free travel you get driving OTR? Nope you pay for it everyday in time or money or both. And with ELD's the freedom of the open road is in the past.
    forcing you to drive in bad weather, threatening you with your job if you don't drive.
    2 choices- Quit or file a EEOC complaint. This could be considered bullying or harassment by a person in a position of power if threats are made like that in a safety sensitive industry .
    You can also file with OSHA if you feel the workplace is unsafe. If these are on record & the company terminates you, you could have a case for unlawful termination even at a "at will" job.
    But the driver in me says listen, your a truck driver. That means you signed up to do a job in good weather & bad. Unless there's some local or state warning saying it's not advised for you to drive. You should be prepared to do the job you signed up for. In 25yrs driving OTR I shut myself down 4x's for bad weather & they were all due to high winds. Just about anything else you can slow down & drive in

6. p608

p608 Road Train Member

Nov 10, 2016
    bull ####

7. Frank Speak

Frank Speak Road Train Member

May 3, 2016
    Kentuckians refer to me as “The Mailman”; rain nor sleet, hail or snow will deter me from sniffing them out!

8. bigblue19

bigblue19 Road Train Member

Mar 30, 2007
    Midland WA
    Sorry, but its true. And all 4Xs was after 04 when I went from 48 to W. regional . 1.Wyoming at Walcott junction ,2. Hwy 93 at Wells Nevada.3. I-8 in Ca & 4. I-10 in Az. I've been shut down due to roads being closed but I have only shut down 4x's on my own.

9. p608

p608 Road Train Member

Nov 10, 2016
    Again, bull ####

10. Lonesome

Lonesome Mr. Sarcasm

Dec 15, 2007
    Northern Indiana
    Only daylight. Or maybe some garlic....

11. Lonesome

Lonesome Mr. Sarcasm

Dec 15, 2007
    Northern Indiana
    The only good Tucker, started by Maurice Tucker. Unfortunately, they folded in the late 70's I believe. tucker.jpg

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.