ungoverned trucks

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by uplander, Jun 25, 2018.

1. Company trucks will have speed-limter, they don't trust a driver. As well as the insurance company had issues with said company.
    Get time under your belt min 7yrs. Find a mom and Pop company with under 12 trucks.
    Make sure your license is not "Auto Only"
    Stay hungry, don't become docile run every load like your life depends on it.
    Keep your Ride Clean.

Just a few basic ideas

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    That is one reason I love Kit Carson OK and US 287 I think it's called. Another related road would be US 50 I think which goes a little bit into Colorado roughly east of Colorado Springs. Not to mention a couple of really really good eating places by the railroad. (Which actually stops right there on the track to cross street and eat...)

Hardly any traffic.

There is however one kind of traffic which I don't mind too much and that's from the diamond of 4 Apache Longbow Helicopters using me as a ground target to lock on and do the things they do in really thick fog. I don't worry about trying to find them in that thick fog, But I'll wave and roll on at 50 or whatever. If they are in a good mood they will reveal themselves in front of me at 10 feet above the road in the break of the fog doing 50 with me. And back in the fog we go.

I once speeded up to 65 and heard them scatter. Heh so much for that idea.

Then again that would have been very stupid of me indeed. What a mess that would have been.

Trucking in Tennessee Thanks this.
  4. Judge

Judge Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2014
    Arkansas
    The downside is the trucks are bright purple with pink fenders and says, “If you want some, Come get some” on the back of the trucks

Trucking in Tennessee Thanks this.
  5. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    that's actually quite a funny thing to ask, and here's why.

when i WAS younger, i had a job interview. this was way before truckers message boards, such as this one.

the interview went quite well actually..

then i down right got stupid, and asked the interviewer, "how fast to your trucks go"?

he said, "plenty fast"

i was NEVER called back............

so take it for what it's worth.

go for a job, ask "NORMAL" questions, and forget about speeds....

OR...BUY YOUR OWN.and ORDER THEM NOT TO GOVERN YOUR TRUCK.......

and good luck with that, i think brand new, they are cut back for the first year or two, to keep it in warranty?

Dark_Majesty_06 Thanks this.
  6. Old Man

Old Man Road Train Member

Apr 3, 2009
    Oklahoma City, OK
    I didn’t know there was a acceleration setting in some ecm’s.
    I know there is no such setting in mine.
    What trucks have this?

7. aramil248

aramil248 Road Train Member

Jan 16, 2017
    Maine
    that question tells me you're most likely a unsafe driver. Stuff like pay is what you should care about more. If I was offered a job paying let's say a random number .70 cpm with 55mph governed trucks I would take it

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.