Us Foods

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by Roger03_, Dec 27, 2022.

1. motocross25

motocross25 Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2010
    Overland Park, KS
    Me and the chick went to the mall this weekend, I didn’t wanna go and she did so we compromised and went. Walkin in there was US Foods parked out front running into his stop at the food court and it looked like somebody loaded that trailer with a backhoe. :confused:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Diesel Dave

Diesel Dave Last Few of the OUTLAWS

Jan 20, 2010
    Hesperia, Ca.
    My son works for US foods out of Corona Ca. As mentioned above, they load there trucks like poop. Stops are all mixed up. Good pay, a lot of labor. There line haul is considered just dropping loaded trailers at there “Satellite” yards and return with the empty. My son says no overtime involved a simple 40 hour week or less. His shift is 4/10 with lots of overtime in those 10 hour days.

Radman Thanks this.
  4. ducnut

ducnut Road Train Member

Dec 31, 2010
    SPI
    The one I worked at was always chasing unreasonable goals, such as no trailer leaves with under a 40K load. So even though the route was established at the beginning of the bid, or was a longtime established route, and already heavy enough, they’d break a route and split it amongst everyone going out that day. That meant you would no longer be on the scheduled route or delivery schedule. Customers were always livid, because they staff on the clock to receive the delivery. There was no way to finish what was originally scheduled for that day. The next day would be a mess. The driver’s second route of the week would be screwed. I’d come in and they’d have a tractor hooked to my trailer, with the sleeper and cab loaded with boxes. There’d be no room for my hand cart or pallet jack and that meant unstacking a rear corner of the trailer to try and fit them on, putting me behind. Slip-seat. Junk Ryder equipment. Our PrePass was flagged, because of the equipment. Drivers would come in, open their trailer doors, wouldn’t like how it was loaded, go home, and call in sick. I was killing myself for WB’s profit margin. Working for a distributor and delivering to them was just as bad.

archangelic peon and Radman Thank this.
  5. LTLTRUCKDRIVER

LTLTRUCKDRIVER Light Load Member

Jun 3, 2019
    I worked for McLane Southwest in the mid 1990's their motto was "Load it like freight train". Floor loaded trailers with 46k to 52k, 14 to 18 stops (Church's & Popeyes Fried Chicken.) Will make young man old in a hurry.

Radman and ducnut Thank this.
  6. Judge

Judge Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2014
    Arkansas
    F15F9142-1C2F-4793-9636-FB57765B7351.jpeg 024BED09-4701-42B8-8530-99F623A3FD04.jpeg

We here are concerned why you feel so strongly against the second greatest businessman in history.
    Please Advise as we are anxiously awaiting your response, let me get this down.
    :happy1:

7. ducnut

ducnut Road Train Member

Dec 31, 2010
    SPI
    Are you trolling?

Are you one of those people who think because someone is wealthy, famous, has a certain last name, etc, they’re above everyone else and don’t need to be decent people?

Is it OK someone gains wealth, through political manipulation and at the expense of others, especially commoners?

8. Judge

Judge Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2014
    Arkansas
    I couldn’t help it, i had to push the button…
    C732FA6E-88FE-4AAC-A218-90FFCA2F379A.gif

9. Allow Me.

Allow Me. Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

May 28, 2009
    Rancho Mirage, Ca.
    Yeah I notice the same thing, hundreds of cartons, different sizes, floor to ceiling, stuffed in there. I'd last about 1 hour on the job !

motocross25 Thanks this.
  10. lual

lual Road Train Member

Oct 22, 2020
    SW Georgia
    :biggrin_2559: :biggrin_2559: :biggrin_2559:

:hello1: :laughing-guffaw:

--Lual

11. 2Tap

2Tap Medium Load Member

Jul 19, 2022
    Southern Wisconsin
    In my experience ANYTHING to do with food is generally a low margin cut throat industry. However it doesn't mean a young person with drive that knows how to hustle cant make good money at the expense of their body, same to be said for the auto industry. The secret to longevity is that there isn't one. Work, plan and save accordingly. Nothing lasts forever.

I would say at a bare minimum squat to your heels and see if you can move 70 pound boxes with your arm strength and not your back or you're not going to last long. Plan on cancelling your gym membership and treating manually unloading trailers at work as such. Definitely a young persons game. One aspect that concerns me is those crappy ramps they dolly up and down. They don't seem to be decent like UHaul moving trucks. One slip, trip and ankle issue and you cant drive or dolly freight you're out of a paycheck.

A nephew did it for a few years when he started out 8 years ago and made 108k his first year with a food distributor not listed above. He ran "illegal" and 80 hours a week at work were common. Even though they were local/regional whatever the technical term is they ran sleeper cabs and circumvented HOS restrictions by being in sleeper berth status when helping driver unload trailers then vice versa.

archangelic peon and ducnut Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.