usa Lease-op

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by Rookie-driver, Jan 18, 2020.

1. Rookie-driver

Rookie-driver Bobtail Member

Jan 18, 2020
    In your experience running for 7-10 days With a $6-700 payment can you turn a profit

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Western flyer

Western flyer Road Train Member

Mar 13, 2014
    Yea, you can make a lot of money.
    That's what you want to hear.
    Just grab a truck and go for it.
    We don't need to know how it works out.
    We already know how it's gonna end.

poppapump1332, Coffey and JonJon78 Thank this.
  4. MysticHZ

MysticHZ Road Train Member

May 28, 2010
    Whether you make money or not depends on your business skill ... Skill you don't have.

If you had that skill you wouldn't be asking these questions. Your business model would give you the answers you want.

5. kemosabi49

kemosabi49 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Jan 13, 2013
    SW Arkansas
    As far as I'm concerned, I would not lease a truck, or buy, from the same company I run for. Don't want the company I make payments to being in control of my potential income. Too many companies abuse this kind of setup.
    And why USA Truck?

Coffey Thanks this.
  6. Rookie-driver

Jan 18, 2020
    The truck would be either thru tel or bush. And USA is willing to give me a chance I got a felony from 13 years ago that’s preventing me from getting my Twic and hazmat

7. mudflap77

mudflap77 Heavy Load Member

Oct 11, 2010
    South western Ontario
    Op, you are not asking nearly enough questions. From what I gathered you don't have any otr experience so why would you put yourself on the hook for a truck when you don't even know if you like it or not? Next why do you want to be a lease-op? It really doesn't seem like this is something you have thought about before today.
    As for lease purchase. How many lease purchase Celedon/Hyndman lease purchase ops just had their nearly paid off trucks repo'd. There is a lady that was 2 or 3 payments away from finishing her lease purchase and lost her truck in that deal. When push comes to shove until that title is in your name and in your hands that truck is collateral for the company to are leasing it from.
    So if your only reason for wanting to lease a truck is all the bags of money your going to collect ask yourself why would this company be passing this opportunity onto me, after all they already have the truck.

Coffey and Western flyer Thank this.
  8. Rookie-driver

Jan 18, 2020
    I’m kinda at a point in my life where I have to start this business. I have enough info to be able to handle the business I just need the experience. You’re right it’s fairly new to me I only been driving for 15 months. But I’ma natural hustler and I would stick out my lease as long as I can turn a profit. I keep hearing everybody saying how leading ain’t the way to go how about if I finance they my bank?

9. mudflap77

Oct 11, 2010
    South western Ontario
    I'm sorry but you don't have enough info. You didn't even have the answer to what they will pay you let alone what expenses you will be responsible for beyond the weekly $900 payment!! Being a hustler has nothing to do with being OTR. Can you handle being away from momma or daddy (whichever is your preference) for weeks on end and still be 1000 miles away from them over and over again for 5 years? Would it not make more sense to figure that out when someone else is paying the expense and use that time to figure out the business end of operating a truck? Again what is you reason for wanting to lease a truck? If it's money your going to be disappointed. If it's freedom your going to be disappointed.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2020
    Western flyer and Socal Xpress Thank this.
  10. mudflap77

Oct 11, 2010
    South western Ontario
    Could you explain this?

11. Petty Cash

Petty Cash Light Load Member

Jan 12, 2013
    Pennsylvania
    You're asking the wrong people the wrong questions.

Ask the carrier what they pay for, what they deduct, and what you'll have to get on your own. Ask them how they pay and what they pay. Figure on making 80% of what they tell you you'll make (they're always going to tell you best case scenario, 80% may even be optimistic) and then with all of that information, ask yourself what you can afford and what you can't.

Coffey Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.