USA self dispatch

Discussion in 'USA Truck' started by bigdad7, Jun 2, 2017.

1. bigdad7

bigdad7 Road Train Member

Jun 6, 2010
    ks
    No prob send me your truck number if you come over so I can wave at ya.....I prob have the only green t660 with a chrome bumper ....good luck

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 27, 2018
    Reason for edit: removed truck number
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Trucker Darrisaw

Trucker Darrisaw Light Load Member

Jul 10, 2017
    Not really good numbers in this market. We are seeing some of the highest rates in a long long time and you are only avg 1.30/1.40?

They are double brokering the loads (Skimming off the top). What will rates look like come winter? Id give it 6 months to 1 year before you can make a serious evaluation

4. bigdad7

Jun 6, 2010
    ks
    Averaging 2.10 a mile with a dryvan is not bad it is still above the average ....1.30 to 1.50 to me depending on the week with all tolls scales and plates works for me tbh ...

bj mccabe Thanks this.
  5. bigdad7

Jun 6, 2010
    ks
    How is it double brokered sir it is mostly direct contract frieght in thier system

6. Trucker Darrisaw

Jul 10, 2017
    The rates you are seeing has been brokered. Generally going through their brokering side 1st. All the mega companies do it. Schnieder, Interstate, ect.... You dont see their premium loads. if you dont know this, you are in for a rude rude awakening...... All you need to do is sign up for a REAL LOAD board and see what that rate is on the actual market. I bet you will see almost double what they company shows you.

Your rate confirmation come from USA (their brokerage side)..... Not from the actual Shipper....
    Also, stat asking questions... When u get to these shippers.. find the transportation manager and give him your business card and ask them when do they generally put their loads out.. Ask them what they pay for the route you are taking... You will be more informed.

QuietStorm and poppapump1332 Thank this.
  7. bigdad7

Jun 6, 2010
    ks
    Or you could just read thier quarterly reports sir and you will see thier fleet avg....I am aware interstate did that while I was there but here they have given us access to everything but dedicated frieght ....interstate and schnieder were privately held so you could not access that info...and I have used load boards in the past you are comparing spot market to contract rates two different animals

Trucker Darrisaw Thanks this.
  8. Trucker Darrisaw

Jul 10, 2017
    The spot market rates are great right now

9. bigdad7

Jun 6, 2010
    ks
    Ok just checked the dat trend lines they are showing a loaded mile avg of 1.90 a mile for dry van as a point of reference they are up for the year and over last week but not better than my numbers have been

Trucker Darrisaw Thanks this.
  10. Trucker Darrisaw

Jul 10, 2017
    So u are telling me that USA Truck is beating the DAT as an avg?

bigdad7 Thanks this.
  11. bigdad7

Jun 6, 2010
    ks
    I am saying I am as an avg ...I won't know until I see thier next quarterly numbers the last quarter was 1.79

bj mccabe Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.