USF Holland

Discussion in 'Holland Reddaway New Penn' started by Driver2011, Mar 23, 2011.

1. soremonkeybutt

soremonkeybutt Light Load Member

Sep 12, 2014
    minnesota
    Wow and I was considering going there for PD hmm but I guess its gotta be better than being at a non union company where they run the heck outta ya and dont pay overtime till after 60 hours actually I am getting out of linehaul too hate the hours hate feeling like crap all the time hate working into saturday morning and sleeping all day and having no life .. Well indiana got any other suggestions for a union shop I would say UPS parcel but I have a family and cant afford to be part time on call BS

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. IndianaMike

IndianaMike Light Load Member

Jul 15, 2011
    Indiana
    I have a friend that works at ups in louisville. He is making good money. Yes he had to be on call for 2 years before they offered him full time. He says though that they will write you up for every little thing. I don't like companies like that. I will say holland leaves you alone as long as you're on time. I'm done with union jobs. It's not what it used to be .

4. IndianaMike

Jul 15, 2011
    Indiana
    I see you have a family. All my kids are grown. Hollands insurance is top notch. I had a 20 k surgery and only has to pay 200 deductable. Dues were 50 month. PD pays 21 an hr but you will start at 85%. You will get OT over 8 hrs at 1.5

rclosure Thanks this.
  5. rclosure

rclosure Bobtail Member

Aug 2, 2015
    I take a road test this coming Thursday for Holland. How long is their hiring process? So far, 2 weeks have gone by, and I'm just now being called in for a road test.

6. IndianaMike

Jul 15, 2011
    Indiana
    I had my interview and drug test same day. Road test a week later as well as a mobility test. To make sure you can use extremities. Then a week later they had me take a load to Grand Rapids MI for a 3 day orientation. That was 7 years ago and I left 3 years ago so it may be different now. Ask your terminal manager.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.