USIT Talk

Discussion in 'USA Truck' started by Green Machine, Aug 4, 2011.

1. Green Machine

Green Machine Medium Load Member

Jul 23, 2009
    Ohio
    I know we kind of derail/hijack a lot of threads on here with our daily encounters among other things...

So this thread is dedicated for us to discuss our Daily/Weekly/Monthly/etc... experiences that you want to share. Whether it be good, bad, just need to vent, or just feel like posting about whatever...

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Green Machine

Jul 23, 2009
    Ohio
    I wasn't able to deliver my load today since the place closes at noon... I was late because I spent way to long at the shipper... I think it took 2+ hours to do a drop/hook. Had to clean trailer, drop, weigh, hook, weigh, then reweigh... And of course there was a line almost every time I went onto their scales lol. Other then that it was a decent day, got over 600 miles in :).

Also was offered to become a trainer while I was home, Although it sounds like it may be interesting... I had to turn it down for now. Especially with me still planning on quitting here next month (hoping anyways). Got a call back from another company that is interested in me. Doing an MVR History today and found out a couple hours ago that they are calling my previous employers (except USA) since a friend still works at one of my previous employers. If I do actually get hired, They'll train me on bulk tanker and when I get my 'X' endorsement they'll train me on liquid and gas tankers :D. So if one of the lines slows down they'll run me on another line. Company is about 20 miles from my house, home everyday, weekends off, and higher weekly gross paycheck (or should be).

4. Thomas0810

Thomas0810 Road Train Member

Jun 14, 2007
    BlueRidge Texas
    good luxk to you man. I dropped at 430 am this morning in KC no mtys,overnight crew didnt have a clue where to get one.My fm sent down to General Motors in KC where we had 4 mtys.Was only 15 minutes from there the whole 3 hours i waited to get sent to get the mty lol.P/U another load delivered to St Louis this afternoon d/h no mtys again lol.Fm calls me says someone quit and dropped his load at east st louis drop yard so i picked it up heading back to KC in the morning again

5. goodchoice10

goodchoice10 Heavy Load Member

Aug 31, 2010
    The Buckeye
    I had a good day as well. Started at 0130, love it! Delivered @0430, caught the next load right away, 255 mt miles, Budweiser, 335 loaded. Obviously just a piece from where I started this morning. I will deliver at 0700, tomorrow. Helped a driving friend today, he is having no luck with his fm, so he sent an email to mine for an....... intervention. Not sure what the end result of that is just yet, should be interesting.

On Tuesday, I took all three endorsement tests, passed (tank, double/triple
    Hazmat). Submitted my finger prints yesterday, should have the results in a week. Cool feeling. Looking forward to the additional opportunities.

Good idea here, seems as though a few of us are pretty regular here, maybe we should try to coordinate lunch or something?

6. goodchoice10

Aug 31, 2010
    The Buckeye
    Hey, I started a thread called I Want A Bum, its in the general discussion area I think, its a funny story, check it out.

7. Green Machine

Jul 23, 2009
    Ohio
    Well for today I had a little bit of Good and a little bit of Bad haha...

The Good...
    Got a call from a company I applied to and talked with earlier. They are willing to hire me and asked if I wanted to start orientation on the 15th. Sadly I can't due to not being 100% sure when my contract with USA is up. But if all goes well I will be leaving as soon as they started taking the money out of my pay. But on a plus side... (as long as it holds true) this one company I'm looking at has a minimum of $800/week gross...

I moved my vacation to better suit me, going to be nice to take a trip up to Canada and enjoy time outside with friends I rarely see.

The Bad:
    While traveling up to Tennessee from Mississippi I blew a tire... So instead of being in Tennessee tonight, i'll be there in the morning. While sitting for them to send a new tire, my other tire "popped".

Found out my "new" fleet manager (a few weeks ago) isn't going to be in for a couple of weeks. That makes me really not want to stay but oh well. Thinking I am going to be parking the truck in Vandalia and taking my vacation only to return so I can fill out proper paperwork, turn in keys, turn in comdata card.

Probably will be getting my background check for hazmat before I leave for Canada as well. Talked with another driver (friend of family member) and he gave me some other leads to some other jobs, so might check those too.

8. goodchoice10

Aug 31, 2010
    The Buckeye
    the contact is up one year from the date you completed upgrade and received your truck assignment. I just submitted my fingers for the Hazmat background check. Actually just my prints, they let you keep your fingers.

good luck, let us know if you pull the rip chord on this joy ride :biggrin_255:

9. Green Machine

Jul 23, 2009
    Ohio
    Thanks for the info, I think I was upgraded and received my first solo assignment August 27th. I'd have to look at either my load books or my last years pay stubs. Might have been the week before, but I think it was the last week of August.

10. goodchoice10

Aug 31, 2010
    The Buckeye
    I know my day exactly, its burned in my brain, lol. Yours is close, hang in there.

11. Moose1958

Moose1958 Road Train Member

Dec 17, 2010
    Williesburg, Virignia
    It is actually easy to find out your exact day. Call payroll and find out the date of your 6th month raise. Your year is up 6 months from that date. Just a technical point though. I don't think the year begins when you actually get a truck assignment, I think it begins the day Jerry Hall hands you your upgrade certificate in Van Buren. I say this because according to USA Truck my year is up on the 20th of January 2012, I upgraded that day but did not actually get a truck assignment till the following Monday. I still have a bit over 5 months to go, I hope these 5 months go smoother then the first 6 did. I further hope they get the bugs sorted out of this cluster %%$$#@# they call a dispatch system very soon. If they do I see myself staying past my year. If not I will wave bye bye to them and go look somewhere else for a job.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.