Vanguard Trailers

Discussion in 'Refrigerated Trucking Forum' started by Gulsher, Feb 25, 2016.

1. Misesian

Misesian Road Train Member

May 21, 2014
    Nothwest Arkansas
    Vanguard trailers are owned by CIMC, China Intercoastal Marine Container. The trailers are out together in IN but all parts and construction are shipped from China. This does give you a trailer that is cheaper than others but offers little in customization. The door seals are just like a Great Dane and so is their corrosion resistance package. They use Versitex liners on the interior and are top of the line, same as utility and wabash use. They also insulate the roof, floor, and nose more heavily than the other trailer makers. I prefer the Holland suspension over Hendrickson. Just personal preference. Another user said it wouldn't maintain frozen but that trailer had an SB 210. If you haul lots of frozen get the SB 230, carrier X2 2500, X4 7500, or precedent s600. The Precedent S700 is overkill in my opinion. Vanguard offers their base trailer, cool globe, and a heavier version, cool planet.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. maksks

maksks Bobtail Member

Jul 16, 2016
    Looking for dry van, local dealer offered base VXP dry van for $26k (FET Included) with p/u from factory in Monon, IN. I think this is great deal because the offered 4.25% APR financing too. Utilities are $28k with p/u from Glade Spring VA, no financing, but they're better IMO.

4. KB3MMX

KB3MMX Road Train Member

Dec 29, 2014
    Orrstown, PA
    We used to haul from these mfgs and the vanguard is bottom of the list IMO.

Utility, Great Dane and Wabash are top choices.

No way i would consider a vanguard reefer. Maybe their dry van though !
    And it would be with a ultraa K Hendrickson or preferably the Hendrickson sliding 46K 10'1" spread.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.