Veriha??

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by Stormy 69, Sep 5, 2016.

1. bzinger

bzinger Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2014
    omaha , ne
    I thought so and forgot about it till now , been seeing ex gstc volvos rebadged as veriha .
    Every outfit I've ever worked for has gone in the toilet after a buyout or the kids took over .

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 25(2)+2

25(2)+2 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Sep 18, 2006
    the road less travelled
    One my companies went under, but that was because financial shenanigans by the boss and particularly his wife, the father who had sold it came back and ran it long enough to get it sold off.

Last time I went by there a non trucking company had its name on the building (offices and crossdock). Yard was full of trailers for another company.

bzinger Thanks this.
  4. Vic Firth

Vic Firth Road Train Member

Jan 19, 2016
    Indiana
    Agreed I can say the same thing !

bzinger Thanks this.
  5. Stormy 69

Stormy 69 Medium Load Member

Jul 1, 2016
    Confusion
    I give them no more than 5 more years and they implode,,

bzinger Thanks this.
  6. Anonymousproxy

Anonymousproxy Road Train Member

Mar 2, 2015
    They bought gstc. From what I know the kids took that company over when the owner/founder retired, and the son in law(a guy named tom shmitt) ran it straight into the ground. Then the owner took it back, tried to fix it only to have the kids sell it out from under him, it was so secret not even the owner knew until it was too late. I drove by there(it's now just a veriha terminal)last fall and noticed they had the former gstc offices up for sale. From what I seen they took the equipment, facilities and threw away the freight base and people. I'm glad I made the switch to my current company(Gpt) when I did. Veriha is basically ran by former Schneider office lackeys. I'm glad I didn't get stuck in those old pee-yellow columbias. Those things must be at least 15 years old.

bzinger Thanks this.
  7. LakeLife80

LakeLife80 Light Load Member

Feb 18, 2016
    Ohio
    Wow. Heard nothing but good things about when I ran for Roehl 10 or so years ago. What a shame.

8. juanveldez

juanveldez Light Load Member

Apr 24, 2007
    Iron Mountian MI
    They aren't bad if you're starting out and need some experience under your belt. You could do worse for sure.

VIDEODROME Thanks this.
  9. diesel drinker

diesel drinker Road Train Member

Apr 10, 2015
    I always thought they were Russians.

BoostedTeg Thanks this.
  10. VIDEODROME

VIDEODROME Road Train Member

Jun 7, 2007
    angola, in
    Yeah I needed to refresh and driving for Veriha. Only indirectly familiar with their relotionship with GSTC; I have hauld GSTC trailers and I still see the old blue Volvos around. I also have a drive cam.

Dispatch is OK, weirday cheap on some things like Chicago tolls. Close to gEttinger 6 months recent experience though to open up more options.

A noobie could do OK here, I've seen much worse.

11. VIDEODROME

VIDEODROME Road Train Member

Jun 7, 2007
    angola, in
    LOL nope, though I bump into Russians often at some customers around Chicago or Gary.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.