1. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Does Walmart still have slip seating with the sleeper trucks?
    [​IMG]

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. T.Rucker

T.Rucker Medium Load Member

Jul 31, 2015
    Here and there…
    Yeah I did log both. I know guys there now that have never logged fuel lol and apparently safety dept hasn’t noticed it yet.

4. buckmanmike

buckmanmike Light Load Member

Jan 20, 2010
    in the country, georgia
    Maybe no per diem, but Walmart pays you when you sleep in the truck. Fact.

5. TruckerPete1990

TruckerPete1990 Road Train Member

Jul 16, 2012
    Bentonville Arkansas
    Biggest issues with Walmart is the micro management and slip seating.

6. Jebster

Jebster Light Load Member

Jun 30, 2012
    Fairborn, Ohio
    That’s how I understand it to be.

7. Dna Mach

Dna Mach Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Texas
    Just had breakfast with a 20 year veteran of the Searcy DC. Couldn’t have been a nicer fellah. He explained to me in great detail how the “up to” numbers in print are going to translate and it’s not actual cash. Those figures account for several things like company paid medical benefits and maxed out 401k contributions. Oh you’ll make a living, I think the micro management and the slip seating has been discussed in great detail here on the board.

This driver works a 6/3 schedule with two other drivers that share two trucks. At any given time, one’s off for his three days while the other two are working. They know each other so they can keep all the necessities like CB, cell phones chargers, tools….etc on board and they just grab their personal items when going home.

He said he almost left during the mass exodus of veteran WMT drivers five years ago but decided to stay and still plans on staying until retirement within a decade or so.

Said each DC used to boast about the 10+ million miles they would accrue without so much of a door ding. Now they have backing accidents daily, several times daily actually company wide and WMT’s days of being an exclusive driving job are long gone. Those days actually ended 5 years ago but are on the forefront now due to the daily recruitment of inexperienced drivers in the media. Just another driving job now.

8. Barricadebouncer

Barricadebouncer Light Load Member

Apr 11, 2022
    Figuring in 401k and other bennnies skews the number significantly. I’ll keep my assigned truck. Screw slip seating. I make the same or more when that’s considered and I love driving for my company. They rarely call me and I easily get 3300+ miles per week running 72 mph @ .60 per plus a .05 bonus.

9. Atlanta trucker

Atlanta trucker Road Train Member

Jan 25, 2017
    They constantly send me emails about driving for them. I thought about it for a minute but heard slip seating and no interest. Besides I'm so old and set in my ways it probably would not work for other reasons. I absolutely love the company I've been with for years. I can't believe what they pay me for what I consider to be almost a part time job.

10. Geekonthestreet

Geekonthestreet Medium Load Member

Jun 27, 2021
    Chicago
    Just wait until they scale up that dock to driver program. We’ll see where the wages settle then.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.