WalMart accessability

Discussion in 'Truck Stops' started by Brucesmith, Apr 16, 2017.

1. Brucesmith

Brucesmith Heavy Load Member

Jun 16, 2012
    I buy a lot of food and other items at WM. Where else can you get those great salads for $3.98 or huge full of meat Subs for around $6.00(12 inch). The canned food aisle has lots of small one serving cans. I have apps that show me WM locations and of course good old Google can help. But there can be problems getting on the lot with a 53 ft.. Some are great: Fergus Falls,mn;Grand Forks,nd; Ft. Collins, co; and Lexington,ne are good examples. Some of those even have special spots for trucks! I have also pulled into a WM and found it will be difficult to get out! RV'rs have apps and web sites that show which WM's allow overnite parking. What is needed is a site that shows trucker friendly WM's for a quick shopping trip.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. peterd

peterd Medium Load Member

Jan 7, 2012
    St.Catharines ON
    More and more Wal-Marts are banning trucks because of the mess some drivers leave behind. Can't put garbage in a garbage can and leaving piss bottles in the middle of the parking lot.Disgusting.

4. Gunner75

Gunner75 Road Train Member

Mar 17, 2014
    Jackson Center Ohio
    Trucker path is what a lot of us are using on our smart phones.

The truck gps systems have points of interests asking your routes and had a selection specifically for Walmarts. Does in the info which ones allow truck parking, and which ones don't, and then which ones say to ask the manager. Best off calling one on your route and asking ahead of time

5. mitmaks

mitmaks Road Train Member

May 16, 2014
  6. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    I imagine that every week, one Walmart that has been "truck friendly" in the past changes to anti-truck. Trucker beware anytime you decide to park at a Walmart for any reason.

AtticusRoad Thanks this.
  7. Voyager1968

Voyager1968 Road Train Member

Sep 11, 2008
    Phoenix, AZ
    If I need a Walmart for overnight parking, I always call the manager. I've actually been given permission to park at a few "no truck" stores simply because I called first and didn't just wheel on in. Better safe than sorry...

8. ZVar

ZVar Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Flint, MI
    Or one Walmart I asked at. Was told no at that location, but they moved from an old building and I was welcome to park in it, less than a mile away.

Voyager1968 Thanks this.
  9. Heritage11

Heritage11 Light Load Member

Jan 6, 2017
    Sometimes even asking the manager doesn't help if you're in the wrong town with a young punk cop that likes to throw his weight around.

I asked the manager once in union city, Tn and he had no problem with it, which was good given I had 3 bags of stuff in my hands I'd just bought.

8 of us were rousted at 0300 by a little punk that told us 'we weren't parking at 'his' Walmart and our clock wasn't his problem. Move or get towed. The manager wasn't the one with the badge'.

I just don't park at any of them any more.

I've noticed since that time that particular walmart now has no truck parking signs in the entrance.

10. Voyager1968

Voyager1968 Road Train Member

Sep 11, 2008
    Phoenix, AZ
    This is exactly why Walmarts are a last resort for me. I don't even do rest areas much. If you can't get a legitimate spot, and park on the ramp, you always run the risk of eviction.

Heritage11 Thanks this.
  11. navypoppop

navypoppop Heavy Load Member

Dec 4, 2014
    Winter Haven, Fl.
    You can't blame the Walmarts or the local cops for problems that some drivers in our industry have created. When some drivers throw trash, piss bottles and worse out their windows onto the lots instead of in trash receptacles and run over the curbs and landscaping because they do not know how to manuver their rigs in these tight spots it creates issues. If trucks would park in the rear of the stores near the receiving docks and not out front where the general public parks it would also help. And the RV'ers are just as bad because sometimes they set up in groups with their awnings open, stabilizer jacks down and grills just cooking and also cause a mess, we all get blamed. Try and plan a stop before you run out of hours and save yourself the frustration.

kruz1980 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.