Walmart here I come 2.0

Discussion in 'Wal-Mart' started by truckdriver31, Aug 21, 2018.

1. Reverend Falstaff

Reverend Falstaff Light Load Member

Sep 15, 2009
    Outside of a couple of really stupid things (texting while on the drive line, etc.); you really have to try hard to get fired from here. The accountability process, extra training if needed, things like that; they really do try to help you make a success of it here.

lual, betterroad and flowlow98 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Katrayher

Katrayher Light Load Member

Nov 23, 2018
    Congratulations on heading to the hiring event The main thing I remember is be prepared to wait. A lot! There's a lot of people going through the process And it takes time. Just do what you do as a driver. And you'll be fine. Pay attention to the trainers. They have millions of miles with Walmart under their belts. And know how Walmart wants it done. The hotel is nice. Only a few restaurants to choose from. But they give you a debit card to buy dinner. The hotel provides breakfast. And you eat lunch at the event. Try to relax. They are going to do everything in their power to get you to pass! You got this!

lual, laaylor and betterroad Thank this.
  4. betterroad

betterroad Light Load Member

Jul 18, 2008
    oklahoma
    Thank you Katrayher. I'm a nervous wreck. I mean it's WAL MART! Plus, it's been 5 years since I've driven a 10 speed. And it's WALMART. I saw a Mexican restaurant and a fish & chips place, are they any good?

mxpx148 and laaylor Thank this.
  5. Katrayher

Nov 23, 2018
    The Mexican place is. The fish place is awful. And be careful walking around that area. And with the manual. So many people struggled with that. But they made it through. The trucks shift at a low rpm. Between 11-14. Lmk if I can be anymore help. I'm sure you'll be fine. Welcome to Walmart!

betterroad and laaylor Thank this.
  6. betterroad

betterroad Light Load Member

Jul 18, 2008
    oklahoma
    Well dang it, I really wanted to go to that fish place.

How many didn't make it through in your group? And what were the reasons they didn't make it?

Also, now that you are actually working at a DC, how do you like it?

7. truckdriver31

truckdriver31 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2013
    just relax have a good time.

betterroad Thanks this.
  8. Metage

Metage Bobtail Member

Oct 6, 2008
    I hadn't driven a manual for 5 years and I went through the onboarding thing about a month ago in Laurens.. wasn't that big of a deal, like riding a bicycle. Just don't go in like you know everything and aren't willing to learn, you'll be fine. Also, when/if you make it to be hired on, do yourseld a favor and study how to use peoplenet.. it saved me about a week worth of training. I was ready to go on my own after the 3rd day.

betterroad, dwells40 and flowlow98 Thank this.
  9. Katrayher

Nov 23, 2018
    Give it a try. Maybe you'll like it.

2-3 I'm not sure. Because they just kinda disappeared. And there was 80+ folks there. One guy wore the same clothes all week. And I know he didn't make it. But if I had to guess, the pretrip .

And so far all I've done is paperwork computer work, and classroom training But so far so good. I'm pretty sure I'll be going out tomorrow! Lol

betterroad Thanks this.
  10. truckdriver31

truckdriver31 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2013
    he will be a wm driver. wm drivers where same cloths all week

11. Katrayher

Nov 23, 2018
    Hahahahaha true! But he was dirty when he got there!

truckdriver31 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.