Walmart Info

Discussion in 'Wal-Mart' started by Rabbit662, Feb 13, 2021.

1. flood

flood Road Train Member

Dec 25, 2010
    what can't stand that I make that much more than you...??
    By your logic you wouldn't make $100,000 a year more because you would have to pay a extra $20,000 got it.... And even if I only got to keep half of it (I don't pay as much in tax as you think) it still more than walmarts pays....

Walmart starts drivers at .55cpm (it's on the website).... so what $150 - $200 a day milage pay add drop pay $20 each so what another $100 a day and dealing with a nanny cam and and letting them has access to you phone records...... Hell if I wanted to I could work for them as a outside contractor and make $650 plus fsc a day.. but that is half what I make now......

If you like/love them great for you but the reality is their not that special

truckdriver31 and drvrtech77 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Treputt

Treputt Medium Load Member

Mar 15, 2013
    Sacramento, CA
    Ok, more mocking it is!

Actually what I love the most is that they’re a good paying company, that pays their drivers a decent wage, and doesn’t hold your hand as you travel from here to there.

They’re/their/there for the win.

Listen bubba, don’t believe I read anywhere here that said WM was all that special. No, you came waddling in here with your pampers all out whack rambling on about how much money you make...as if your claimed quarter mill a year is the industry standard. Well I’m sorry Karen, I’m calling BS on your BS. So you’re a super trucker that makes a gazzillion dollaz...congrats! But until you post some believable statements or helpful information..you’re just asking for more responses like this one, or a visit from the mods.

4. Banker

Banker Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2012
    I too am an owner operator and don’t want to drive for Walmart again. However my experience there is that it was a very good job, they treated me great and paid me well. It just wasn’t the job for me as I am spoiled and like to be home most nights and don’t sleep in trucks. I still have several friends who drive there and they are happy and make $100,000 plus. It isn’t for everyone, but why would someone come to a Walmart Drivers forum to bash them if you don’t work there and haven’t?
    Everyone has a different interpretation of what is a great gig and what sucks. Some people wouldn’t want to be out in the middle of Indiana loading cars at 7 am tomorrow morning in negative temps, but I will be and I am ok with it. That Walmart driver going by will be cruising past in his heated cab possibly with a short sleeve shirt on.
    @flood maybe you should just move on with your owner operator self and let the guys who like working for Walmart have their peace. We can all do different things and still get along. It doesn’t have to be one or the other for this to work.
    *A side note to the Walmart driver who commented that if you are grossing a quarter of a million a year, you can’t possibly net much. Wrong! An owner operator with a paid off truck grossing over $300,000 a year can live quite well. Ask me how I know if you like.*

5. Treputt

Mar 15, 2013
    Sacramento, CA
    I know how to quote someone, which is important if trying to make a contextual point. Ask me how I know if you like.

truckdriver31 Thanks this.
  6. Banker

Banker Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2012
    I am on your side driver, for now. Quote

7. Treputt

Mar 15, 2013
    Sacramento, CA
    For the record, I am well aware that a successful O/O can, and often is at the top of the food chain when talking about earnings in this industry. Nobody would deny that, But using that position as a means of degrading everyone else who drives no matter what they earn or how they earn speaks of elitism. So you’ve paid your truck off, book your own freight, manage your own truck and reap the benefits of it all...great! Now you get to spend a little of that free time loitering in forums that you’re not involved in bragging about how you’ve made it, and we haven’t. Sorry, but that attitude pisses me off. Take it elsewhere.

Exit310 and truckdriver31 Thank this.
  8. Banker

Banker Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2012
    Quote Quote Quote Quote
    Exactly why I chimed in! Truck Driver. Quote Quote Quote

9. truckdriver31

truckdriver31 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2013
    good deal. keep making that $245k.

10. MilkyJay

MilkyJay Road Train Member

Jan 26, 2015
    Everywhere you want to be
    245k a year and trolling in online forums. I could find 200k reasons not to be bothered with this. Sounds like someone with 245k in problems.

11. truckdriver31

truckdriver31 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2013
    ikr

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.