Walmart Transportation

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Cplmjl1218, Aug 30, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cplmjl1218

Cplmjl1218 Bobtail Member

Jun 11, 2021
    Terminated for falsifying records on an ELD??? When the truck is stopped and ignition shut off the ELD stays on drive line for 5 minutes until it automatically switches over to on duty not driving. Because I got in the truck after dropping and moved the truck it starts the 5 minute default all over again. So because the ELD programmed to do what it does, I was ultimately terminated for falsifying records because the ignition was off and the truck never came over the drive line. This is what happens at Walmart when your not their favorite driver. They also have created an environment for drivers to compete to be the next certified driver trainer, mentor, or whatever it is that allows a driver to put mor patches on their sleeve’s because it makes them feel more important. So these drivers are the ones who stab you in the back and tell on you for anything petty like cussing and then you get a step 1 for cussing. Step 4 your terminated. I’ve never in 30 years driven with a fleet with so many butt kissing tattle tails in my like. And to stress out about something so puddly is not an environment I played well with. Other negatives, slip seating from day one, work weekends for years till you get enough seniority to get a good day out, no smoking in trucks, micromanaging from hell, get steps for speeding, following too close and phone records pulled from “Egregious offenses” such as going through a red light cause you thought you could make it. Remember, 4 steps your terminated. When you hire on, your not really hired on. They give you a “conditional job offer”. So you quit your current job, show up for the first day of hell week. This week you will be scrutinized by their butt kissing patch wearing drivers who think they’re better than you and are very critical of your skills. You will do their “360 degrees of safety” their way and do backing and inspection skills all week. Bottom line, if they don’t think your a qualified driver candidate to join the team, your sent home without a job. Simple as that. Not to mention you have to travel to one of their few hiring facilities to do this. One in Arizona, one Illinois and one on South Carolina. So think long and hard about gambling to make it on to their fleet, then think even harder if the stress, favoritism, and the micromanaging from hell are even worth it. Moneys not everything. THE ONLY PRO about working here is you make 120,000 to 140,000/year hear with 5 weeks vacation from the beginning which is what sold me from the get go. But remember, there are lots of companies that pay 100,000 to120,000/year out here now with no smoking policy, your own assigned truck, little to no micromanaging, limited cry baby tattletales, weekends off and low stress. I’ve been in the industry for 30 years and seen Walmart let some of the greatest drivers in the industry go for minor things. If Sam Walton was still alive, he’d probably fire everyone who has broken from his culture.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Terlingua

Terlingua Medium Load Member

Oct 24, 2021
    Is running a red light not an "egregious offense"? Does your ELD not let you manually change your drive status? It sounds like the ELD thing was just the final straw in a longer list of issues.

EvertonP, jldilley, kuzima93 and 7 others Thank this.
  4. Dennixx

Dennixx Road Train Member

Feb 13, 2010
    twin cities
    I guess they've found something more valuable to their drivers than money....the patches..lol

We used to get the ATA safety patches every year for no accident safe driving.
    I've got a bag full somewhere.

Mike2633, kuzima93, Cplmjl1218 and 2 others Thank this.
  5. Cplmjl1218

Cplmjl1218 Bobtail Member

Jun 11, 2021
    Are you saying you never ran a red light? It happens. Wet slushy roads, empty wagon not wanting to Jack knife, thinking you’ll make it? You can speculate with me and many others but don’t let that keep you from seeing the big picture. You sound like one of the patch wearing butt kissing back stabbing tattletales. They even make drivers wear slap masks at night if they’re over weight. Control control control. Democrats try to control and do a piss poor job of that as well. Sorry to offend you WALMART DRIVER Lol.

6. nikmirbre

nikmirbre Road Train Member

Jul 27, 2011
    High Point NC
    LOL, patch wearing, butt kissing, back stabbing, tattletale!!!!

Made me think of Ric Flair....

Last edited: Aug 30, 2022
  7. God prefers Diesels

God prefers Diesels Road Train Member

Jun 26, 2020
    South Texas
    I don't go looking for info specific to Walmart, but this is honestly the first post I've read here about them that was negative.

Mike2633, EvertonP, kuzima93 and 10 others Thank this.
  8. bryan21384

bryan21384 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    Dude you are on fire! Maybe that's why you got fired.......pardon the pun. Lol

9. bryan21384

bryan21384 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    One of my buddies is in orientation now at the South Carolina training facility. If all goes well, he'll be running out of the Brundidge, AL DC. They told him upfront that the tests were going to be difficult. He'll have to show he can do a detailed pretrip, same with the road test. One of the current drivers told him to be ultra cautious at stale green lights, to slow down even if he thinks he will make it. Truck drivers of any kind should do that regardless, if you ask me. He got to the hotel Sunday night, and he told me it's like 70 people in orientation! That somewhat surprised me considering the lengthy vetting process. I think he will make the cut though. Me being optimistic.

10. REO6205

REO6205 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Feb 15, 2014
    California.
    Lighten up on the personal insults or your stay here might be a short one, too. Also, all political statements go in the POLITICS section. Thanks.

Ougigoug, EvertonP, kuzima93 and 14 others Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.